X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convince others!?

It's one thing to be going through the transitioning period by yourself, but it's a whole other thing when you're going through it WITH someone else..which is a blessing and curse in my case.

For me, that someone is my boyfriend. He's all the way supportive of my natural state of hair and loves it but he HATES with a passion, weaves and extensions and is not totally for a BC. I try to show him that the weaves and braids are temporary but he insists it because I don't love my natural hair(which is not the case at all-just need a protective style)

Anyway, any advice on how I can show/convince him that weaves, extensions or even the BC aren't terrible temporary (protective) styles?

Originally posted by justbrisee View Post
    It's one thing to be going through the transitioning period by yourself, but it's a whole other thing when you're going through it WITH someone else..which is a blessing and curse in my case.

For me, that someone is my boyfriend. He's all the way supportive of my natural state of hair and loves it but he HATES with a passion, weaves and extensions and is not totally for a BC. I try to show him that the weaves and braids are temporary but he insists it because I don't love my natural hair(which is not the case at all-just need a protective style)

Anyway, any advice on how I can show/convince him that weaves, extensions or even the BC aren't terrible temporary (protective) styles?
    Oh my gawd, you shouldn't have to convince him to believe anything. If thats what you want to protect your hair and its part of making your hair healthy then thats what you should do, who cares what he think? You doing what you do for you not for him...

Comment

Working...
    X