X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitioning to Natural Hair

My name is Audra. It's been 6mos since I've had a relaxer. I do not want to go back to a relaxer. I need help maintaining my hair this summer. I use great products like Aphogee Moisture Shampoo, 2 minute Keratin Conditioner, Protein Leave In. I also use QP Creme Shampoo and their Conditioner along with K-Pak Conditioner. I just recently bought Nexus Split End Conditioner. I have new growth about half way through my shoulder length hair. I just recently got my ends cut. She took off a lot of dead hair. I do not want to do the big chop. My head is too big for that. Lol. What can I do to my hair for the summer to help it continue to grow and have some type of style. I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail, or wearing some down in back and a ponytail on top. What else can I do?

Try the Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie on your ends & curl milk on your from root to tip. This will help in the summer with frizz. Also try gel that's silicone & alcohol free.

Comment

Hi audra, with 6 months worth of new growth, I'd rock a lot of textured styles like bantu knots, twist outs, and braid outs. *If* you have hair that stays straight, you could rock a flat iron for a week just to change it up some. It sounds like you have a lot of new growth!
      I'm thinking of transitioning and will be getting used to the idea of nightly redoing these textured styles. I just got a really nice flat ironed job on Saturday, had my hair tied down since then -- today, it's reverted at the roots .

Curldiva, is the curl enhancing smoothie good for twist outs?

Comment

Thank you

Thank you ladies for helping me!!! I am clueless when it comes to any other style besides a flat iron. My hair is shoulder length. How do I do twist or braid outs? What do I use to create and maintain? How long do they last and what do I do at night to sleep and be able to get up without a lot of work? Is Curl Diva a product?
        Sorry for all the questions

Comment

Try to do as many twist outs, braid outs, bantu knots, etc as you can during your transition. & pineapple your hair (doing a high, loose pony tail at the top of your forehead) at night so you can avoid re-doing it nightly. I transitioned for almost 2 years because I didnt want to big chop either but I flat ironed my hair every 2 weeks the entire time! & now I'm suffering from heat damage! I see my curls slowly reverting back but I'm still going to cut some off the ends of as it grows out. Avoid my mistake if you can!

& You should check out youtube!! I swear its the best thing lol I watch videos on youtube more than i watch tv lol You can learn how to do various type of braid outs and twists outs & tips on transitioning.
          My favorite youtubers are naptural85, MyNaturalSistas, Haircrush, Taren916, FusionOfCultures, MahoganyCurls, MahoganyKnots.. Theres sooo many!

Hope this helps!!
          Follow Me on Twitter & IG @ULoveKayy

Comment

Working...
          X