X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2012 - Last Perm Club

My last perm was December 2012. Hoping to find other people who last put a perm in their hair in December of 2012, so we can talk about progress, struggles, products we have used, protective styles, BC's, growth, etc. Looking to talk with others who are in the same time line.

My last perm was November 2012. Does it matter??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Yay that's me! My last relaxer was early December but I decided to go natural the 5th of February :-D.
      Attachment

It was a very sudden decision. I was wearing my hair curly for a couple days and my parents kept telling me how they loved my curly hair so I went home that night and youtubed and googled the transitioning movement then my decision was made.

A couple weeks later I cut a few inches off my hair. It was a 'no turning back' way of 100% agreeing to the new change.
      Attachment
      I have been wearing perm rod sets
      Attachment
      and bantu knots
      Attachment
      Attachment
      so about 2 weeks ago I layers it so that my curls fall all over, not just in the same spot of my head lol. Also I wear a bun sometimes. I bought a bun former from target. Its amazing!

Products wise I started off with Shea Moisture & although my hair loved it, my scalp did not. It was soooo inch and dry. Someone finally told me that it might be my products and about a week after using shea moisture, my scalp no longer inched. So now I use:
      Apple Cider Vinegar to clarrify every 3 weeks or maybe soon depending on how much product I was using,
      Pantene Curly Collection for Naturally Curly the cowash and deep condition (I don't shampoo anymore). I do this after ever style goes dead so about every 4 days.
      Then right out of the shower I spray my oils in my hair & seal with Cantu shea butter leave in (I love this product and will never let it go!!!!!
      Finally for my styling product I use eco styler agran oil. Its yellow & only thing that holds for me. The only time I ever had flakes is when I used wayyyy too much product. I am very product heavy. I haven't had any problems since the first use.

I just bought Jamaican castor oil becuz it Is supposed to help grown your hair.

Finally lol, I have about 8 inches of hair & a lil over 2 inches of new growth.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App
      Attached Files

Comment

My last perm was December 15, 2012. I BC'ed March 8th of this year.

Comment

I had my last perm in Dec. (I think)..lol in Feb. I decided to bc all if a sudden because I didn't like dealing with the 2 textures. So far I have enjoyed my twa, but it's starting to grow and my struggle is when I do what I usually do(brush coils) they start looking different because its getting longer. I really want some braids but I don't want my edges falling out, because my hair seems to be pretty healthy. No shedding or anything. I am glad I decided to take this route though.

Comment

My last relaxer was December 15th 2012. I BC'ed March 15 if this year

Comment

Pics plz!!!

Comment

My last perm was November and I just put in braids yesterday. Plan to transition for a year but I keep getting these urges to BC, so we will see.
                I will try to upload pictures later.
                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Attachment Attachment
                  The 1st one was right after the big chop, and the 2nd was last week.
                  Attached Files

Comment

My Last perm was December. Started out trying to just get my hair done at the stylist. Bad idea the heat damaged my hair and it broke. So I put it up in braids and weaves. Then I did rod sets. I'm braided now because I'm going to Miami and needed to not have to worry about my hair. I'm thinking about just cutting out the rest of the relaxer. Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

My last perm was June of last year. Started out stretching my perm then decided to not perm it no more recently :-)

Sent from my SGH-T679 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

My last perm was January of this year so I'm pretty much a newbie as well!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

So I washed my hair today and omg I'm loving my curl pattern. I measured and have just over 2.5 inches of new growth :-D its sooo beautiful! !!

Attachment
                          Attachment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TransitioningMixedBeauty View Post
                            So I washed my hair today and omg I'm loving my curl pattern. I measured and have just over 2.5 inches of new growth :-D its sooo beautiful! !!

Attachment
                            Attachment

Aww congrats, so pretty!!! I saw my curl pattern last week on wash day, I was so giggley, lolol!!! And of course I couldn't find my phone to take a pic, next time :-)
                            Again CONGRATS to u, so so pretty!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank u!! I needed that push. I never wanna go back to my straight hair.

Comment

Working...
                              X