X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok! I've made the decision!

SO, I've made the decision to go natural and I'm super excited! I currently have BSL relaxed, thick, relatively healthy hair and I am only 5 weeks post relaxer =\ ....sigh.

Anyway, I plan to chop off the majority of my hair into a bob hair style so that I can still wear sew ins/u-parts and have enough hair in the top for my leave outs. I also want do it to make my weekly washing/conditioning/styling routine a less stressful and less time consuming.

If I use heat on my roots every week for a few weeks just to rock my new bob hair style, will my curl pattern be altered?

After the few weeks of wearing my bob, I'm going to go back to not using any heat, braiding my hair down and wearing my curly u-part from that point on until my BIG CHOP =)

Thanks!
    Last edited by cle0patrajonez; 03-14-2013, 07:44 PM.

I did the same thing! I had my last relaxer about dec 7th 2012 so I'm only a couple months in. My hair was past SL and I cut it to make it more manageable & as a 'no turning back' decision:-)

Now I'm rocking perm rod styles & bantu knots out. I love them and finally found great products.

Attached r some pic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App
    Attached Files

Comment

No it will be fine for a few weeks. Still use a heat protector though. Dont over do it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlyNikki App
      Transition-About 3 Months
      BC-March 2010
      Blog Title: Know Thyself

"Emacipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
      BOB MARLEY

Being "Natural" Isn't Just About Hair; Its A Life Style- Me
      "I rEaLLy LoVE My HaIr!" Seasme Street

Comment

I realized that I would not be able to handle this with my busy lifestyle without occasional assistance. My stylist uses heat protectant and she uses heat about once every 5-6 weeks.
        Love, love, love my hair!

Comment

Working...
        X