X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Newbie in need of a little help

Hello everyone! This is my first post to the CN forum although I must admit lurking for a little while . A little background I am a little over 10 months into my transition and I have a combination of 4a and 4b hair (I think). I am pretty sure that my hair is high porosity because it drys very quickly unless it is saturated in some type of product then it drys fairly slowly. My transition went pretty good for about the first 8 months. At this point my hair started becoming excessively dry. Right now I would say that I am about 85% natural and hanging on to about 1-1/2 inch of some pretty sad ends with dry Sahara Desert hair!

Right now I prepoo with olive oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil. I am washing with Organix Moraccon Oil Shampoo and Conditoner and use ORS Olive Oil DC. Products that I have used to try to combat dryness are.... Lustra Silk curl activator and curling cream, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, ACV rinse (made my hair super dry) Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo, Cantu curling soufflee, cowashing with Suave coconut shampoo, castor oil, organix dry styling oil, Cream of Nature leave in, Softee Hemp grease (tried this when all else failed)....(I may have some PJ tendencies ) With this being said nothing, Nothing, NOTHING combats dryness for me anymore the only thing that comes close is Carol's Daughter manoi oil set but that is not in the budget. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

Hi im fairly new to the forum as well...my hair type is 3d I have started using the as I am hair products and my hair is much better...I am transitioning for the 5th time.....I also take the biotin vitamins once a day...looks like you have tried every product there is maybe your hair is in shock...too many products can also cause hair to dry out...and too many at one time....what regimen do you follow? Maybe you should go to a natural hair stylist and have her give you some suggestions...hope this helps....feel free. To inbox me if you have anymore questions...good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Hi!
      You are using a LOT of products!!!! Find different combinations of just a couple products that give good results. I know its tempting being a product junkie, but you will be shocked of the results you get from one or two products.
      Write out and stick to a weekly regimen.
      When I transitioned, I cowashed 1-2 times a week, DC once every other week, hot oil treatment once a month. My basic staple products was cantu shea butter and olive oil.
      Right now your hair is having a big argument, the natural hair wants one thing, your former relaxed hair wants something else
      :: My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JourneyF...?feature=watch ::

Transition start: 8/7/12
      Big Chop: 10/17/12

Comment

Working...
      X