Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDK what to do with all of this hair!!

Hello everyone,

I've recently decided to go natural (yay!!) however, I have no clue what my natural hair will look like... and I'm scared and idk what to do with all of this hair lol

My Mother has been taking me to get my hair done since I was 6... pretty much since my texture finally changed. I've always had a head full of thick hair, even with relaxers but I wanted to try something new and different. My last relaxer was March 2012 and I think I have a significant amount of new growth but I'm still not sure. A lot of people discourage me not to do the hair typing thing but I find myself trying hair type my hair all the time.

I use a combination of EVOO, Moroccan Argon Oil by Organix, and Biosilk to moisturize my hair. I use Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner, Organix Moroccan Argon Oil Shampoo and Conditioner, and the Biosilk Shampoo and Conditioner (I mix it up so I don't get product build up). For deep conditioners I use Nexxus humectress ultimate moisture deep conditioning treatment and Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner (Probably my Fav)

If anyone has some advice, words of encouragement, and some hair products they like it would be great.

** Brief description of hair: super thick, yet fluffy. Easily weighted down but needs lots of moisture and conditioning. Low porosity, moderate to highly dense... I put pictures of my new growth fresh out the shower... my hair pretty much dries like that. Just more fluffy, not too much shrinkage
    Attached Files

A seamless comb is a good idea (it makes having a lot of hair easier to detangle). For me detangling and keeping my hair moistuized were hardest. But once I got those down, everything else was a piece of cake, including styling and washing, etc.

Sent from my M886 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Bellydanza View Post
      A seamless comb is a good idea (it makes having a lot of hair easier to detangle). For me detangling and keeping my hair moistuized were hardest. But once I got those down, everything else was a piece of cake, including styling and washing, etc.

Oh thank you ) I completely forgot about those... how wide should the comb be?

Comment

Hey , you're beautiful and so is your hair , you have sooo much ! Lol
        Great bunch of products and you will do well .
        Just keep moist !

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I use the three comb smooth method. Idk if you want to try it. It's where you use an extra wide in the shower to rake conditioner through. When you get out, you use a wide and then a fine or medium tooth comb. I love it & I didn't think I would! I got my combs off hotcombs.net expensive but seeing as I would just bought more makeup, good investment
          Originally posted by aliciareneemiller View Post
          Oh thank you ) I completely forgot about those... how wide should the comb be?

Comment

Thank you both

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using CurlyNikki App

Comment

All thé best with your hair! Nice hair can defo see the multitude of styles you could try!!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki

Comment

I found avocado oil helps a lot with dryness I only use about a quarter size amount on damp hair. I have low porosity hair as well

Comment

Don't worry too much about hair typing. Just try to keep you hair healthy by moisturising, reducing heat, eat healthy and exercise, you will do fine.

Comment

lol girl ure exactly where im at. I last used a relaxer in march too. I envy ur hair tho it's not as long as urs. My advice is to let go of straightening ur hair, u look like u have heat damage. Once i let go of straightening my hair my hair felt soooo much fuller and not stringy. Take the time into really taking care of ur hair. Give ur hair a good 2 or 3 months w/ no heat at all! And see what it does for u. Trim ur hair whenever u need to. Don't let ppl bring u down either. It's ur hair, not theirs. Do whatever u need to do to get ur hair back to natural. I havent seen my hair in its natural state in soooo long either! Right now im only straightening my hair once a month, becuz i dont want more heat damage on my new growth. So if u want to see ur natural hair again, dont use heat for awhile. I hope I helped C: And cant wait to check back in w/ u!
                    1 yr post relaxer ^-^
                    1 yr post bc ^-^
                    Last Relaxer: March 2nd, 2012!!
                    BC: 10/12/12

Hair Goal:
                    - SL: June of 2014
                    - APL: Dec of 2014
                    - BSL: December of 2015

http://tempobronze124.tumblr.com/

Motto: Leave the past where it is and move on to the future

Comment

Working...