Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Anyone just beginning their transition or stretching until they are ready? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone just beginning their transition or stretching until they are ready?

I have been stretching my relaxers this year in an effort to learn about my hair before I finally begin to transition. The first stretch lasted about six months. During that time i learned how to do Bantu Knots and use other protective styles! I plan to get my final relaxer in April, so my hair will be straight for my graduation and senior dance recital. No, I am not turning to a relaxer, I just feel that I should start my transition after high school, so I will face two new journeys at once (the journey to college and the journey to natural hair). My absolute favorite products are Mane 'n Tail conditioner and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner!

My Questions
    1. What are your favorite products?
    2. What are your favorite protective styles?

First of congrats on ur up coming graduation. Secondly how long has it been since ur last relaxer?

I know u want straight hair for the pics however u don't need a relaxer to do that. If u get a relaxer next month you'll just have to start all over again.

Myfav products: KCNT cleansing cream and leave in

Comment

Thanks! So far it has been 3 1/2 months

Comment

Well you have helped me change my mind!! Rather than relax it again, I'm going to roller wrap it when I need it to be straight! Thanks

Comment

I agree. You rlly don't need a relaxer to get pretty straight here. Especially since your last one wasn't tht long ago. Just get it pressed real nice and you'll be good
          Favorite products: suave naturals. And Herbal essences. I'm a conditioner freak though.
          Favorite protective style: nice and neat sock bun.

Comment

Working...
          X