X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 month transition

Ok so yesterday was my 3 month transition mark and I swear I almost bought a relaxer.. I feel like my days are running together and I refuse to do braids or sew ins right now because of my edges and I am so exhausted I haven't even been wrapping my hair... But today is wash day so my rod set will be done... Sorry just needed to rant I guess

You can do this Jas!! Please keep in mind tht natural hair requires if not more, more maintenance than relaxed hair (my opinion). Natural hair requires much patience. I never got braids or wore wigs altho i was mighty tempted. Many times i felt like givin in. But i know i dont want any chemicals on my hair. Hang on in there. Maybe try a natural bun or a cute wig? You got this!

Comment

Dont give in....you got this...its mind over matter

Comment

Thanks ladies.. I put my rods in... Like the natural hair is growing and like getting a little un manageable but it will stay in the rod set style

Comment

[IMG]/filedata/fetch?filedataid=98040[/IMG]

Comment

Yeah you're definitely in that terrible new growth period, I think I almost cried at months 3-7. That's around the time you really start realizing what you did with your straight hair won't cut it anymore lol. I believe in you though, I wish I could give you more advice than just bunning and rodding your hair but I transisioned with braids and twists, so I guess I took the easy way out
            __________________________________________________ ________
            Last Relaxer: Dec. 2012
            Hair type: Mostly 4b, some 4a and 3c
            Current Length: Apl
            BC Date: Dec. 2014- Apr. 2015

Comment

Yea thinking about the bun for the next few months..

Comment

Buns are great just b careful with your edges.

Comment

Lol we have about the same amount of time under our belts and I'm like "dang this is work!"

Comment

^^^ yes it is

Comment

So tomorrow is my 4 month mark, and my hair is growing really well. Been thinking about cutting to that natural spot and doing my rods that way Sent from my SPH-L720T using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I know exactly how you feel!! Right now I'm in my third month, and I'm getting impatient. I'm not using any heat, not even a blow dryer. My go-to styles are roller sets and a puff with a headband. I'm counting the days until I have enough hair to work with. The only thing that keeps me from giving up and relaxing again is knowing that I'll have a head full of healthy, gorgeous natural hair at the end of the year. I'm excited about doing my second (and hopefully LAST) BC and getting to love my hair again. Getting there is a pain in the butt. But the reward will be worth all that hard work. Be encouraged!

Comment

Same to you, be encouraged hun. Sent from my SPH-L720T using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I feel the same way.. I had my last relaxer 5 months ago and have been wearing sewins back to back. Now my edges are really thin. I was thinking of getting a relaxer too but decided I've come to far to turn back now. I'm getting my sewin out tomorrow and start wearing a wig for awhile. Then maybe some braids. If it wasn't for weave, I don't know if I could do it! So hang in there. All these ladies went through this too and they made it so we can too....

Comment

Yes I am very much feelings the same way as above some of the participant mention about it..
                              Best Hair Transplant Islamabad in Pakistan| FUE Hair Transplant in Peshawar Pakistan

Comment

Working...
                              X