X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Textured Hair

So I posted a few days ago but I had another question and I thought maybe this particular thread might be more helpful. I'm going to be taking out my braids soon and I need some tips on good hairstyles that help blend my hair textures.....although truthfully I'm not really sure what my natural hair texture is LOL. I've been transitioning for 6months but my stylist has been straightening it for me (so I won't damage my hair with too much heat) or I have braids.....so I'm not even really sure what to expect when I take these bad boys out. Thanks!

Flat twists and braids are perfect transition styles. If the ends are straight then just add a couple flexi rods or perm rods. Floooooo 😛

Comment

I agree! I think braidouts would be perfect to blend different textures...

Comment

I'm transitioning also and braidouts are definitely my "go-to" hairstyle to blend my textures and I love doing them.

Comment

Thanks y'all!!

Comment

You cant do a braidout a twistout bantu knots all kinds of stuff i personally like to do this: separate your hair into a bunch of smallish plaits and plait them all the way to the end, then get your favorite moisturizer and apply that to the end of the plaits. Next, get some straws and cut them up into smaller shorter straws with so scissors. Get the ends of your plaits and twirl them around the straws then secure it with a bobby pin and tie it up in a straw. When you wake up it will be kinda funky looking but just slowly take off the straws and take aloose the plaits. Finally this style with make it look like your hair is one texture. Ps if you slightly and gently comb it, it adds a little volume or "poof"
            Last edited by Sariah98; 07-26-2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X