Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't KNOW what I AM DOING! Help! My new TWA!

Hey, there! I'm new to the forum and new to the TWA life. 3 months ago, I went to the barber and got my hair shaved down low, like a boy, lol. Of course, with a style like that, I didn't have much to do, just got out the shower, moisturized a bit and go go go!

Anyways, since then, my hair has grown and I've also bleached and dyed it red. Even before I dyed it, I felt like although I made sure to moisturize everyday (used the LOC and LCO method), my hair still had a dull appearance. So I was still experimenting with different products and trying to figure out what worked best for me hair.

Well, I started slathering two types of conditioner on my hair. I would wet my hair in the shower, then apply the two conditioners (A leave in by Beautiful Curls and then the restorative conditioner by Shea Moisture) and let them dry while I get ready. Man, this leaves my hair feeling so nice and also looking moist, luscious and vibrant. It would even have my red hair looking brighter. BUT I was just reading an article on Curly Nikki that talked about over deep conditioning hair and how it can actually be harmful. So, I was wondering, should I stop slathering all the conditioner on my hair everyday? Should I just dump the Shea Moisture one and stick to the leave in? or dump both? Also if so, what are products I can use that can give me the same effect?

Appreciate the help since I'm so new to this! Thanks

Hi,

The first thing you will need to remember is that while there is some good advise available on hair sites, there are no set in stone rules. You have to do what works for you. If your leave-ins work, use them.

Secondly, the article you read is about DEEP conditioning. A deep conditioner is made to get rinsed out. Unlike a 'leave-in' so you are not deep conditioning with your leave-in.

Don't ditch what's working for you until it stops working.

Comment

What the above poster said. Keep doing what you're doing and if you are so worried about over conditioning just make sure to do a protein treatment every month
      I'm a lil bit too obsessed with my natural hair journey

Last relaxer = September 3, 2012
      BC = December 21, 2012
      Staples so far
      VOfreaking5
      Aloe Vera [fresh]
      Glycerin babeh

Comment

Thank you all so much!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X