Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding MESS

I have a problem.

I'm getting married in two weeks and I have NO idea what to do with my hair. I've been natural for about 10 months and I'm very happy with my hair. I'm proud of myself for gaining up the strength two years ago to start transitioning and finally do the big chop it means a lot to me. That being said, I absolutely do not want to straighten my hair. Everyone Ive gone to wants to straighten or blow dry my hair which is very aggravating. I tell the stylist I want some type of curly up do and I end up with a HOT MESS. I can't find any natural hair stylists in my area and the one lady I did find told me I should get dreadlocks...........(No offense to anyone but I called her specifically asking if she was a natural hair stylists and what I was looking for and when I go in she tries to talk me into get locked up). Do any of you ladies have any ideas for me. I've googled and I've gone through pinterest..nothing.

I posted some pictures below to show my hair. When it's wet it goes to my back but shrinks like crazyyyyyy. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I am more than open to them.
    Attachment

Attachment
    Attached Files

How about a cute cornrow style with ur hair out in the back?!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I've seen several cute wedding natural styles. Google natural bride or wedding with natural hair and you will find tons of twisted & fro out styles. IMO your fro is adorable & just the way you have it, pulled back with some type of embellishment would be adorable! Especially with a birdcage!
      Having a love affair with my 4b/4c kinky curly coils

Last Relaxer: On my wedding day! July 30, 2011

Comment

Your hair is gorgeous! Put on a tiera and be the queen you are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/brwnbarbie24
          Blogger: http://hotchocolate-stefanie.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: brwnbarbie24

Comment

Shelli from Hairscapades has a kicking wedding hairstyle. It would work for any length hair and its one you can probably do quickly.

Behind the Scenes of a Hairscapades Wedding | hairscapades

Its a twist out confined by two thin hairbands in the greek style. You could do your hair the way you have in the picture with jeweled or flowered hairbands. You could also use a fascinator in your curly hair, because you don't want to hide that beautiful hair.
            Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
            Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
            Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
            Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
            Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X