X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crochet braids

I'm thinking of doing some crochet braids myself as a protective style. I'd like to see yours.

1. Pic please
    2. Type of hair used
    3. How long did it last
    4. How often you shampooed

I used freetress bohemian braid. I loved it!! I washed them every week. I only had them in 3 weeks, but could have kept them in longer bc it still looked good. I'm about to get some more in August! Attachment
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh you did long ones. Cute. I've seen everyone cutting it in half. Very pretty on you. Did it do any damage to your hair?

Comment

I'm curious about this too. I want to put in crochet braids, but I don't know how to do cornrows. Would flat twisting your hair be a good starter and then install the crochet hair that way?
        BC: January 10, 2012
        Last relaxer: December 2011
        Hair Type: 4B & 4C
        Length Check: January 10, 2013 - 5 inches

Comment

Originally posted by Meme_2006 View Post
          I'm curious about this too. I want to put in crochet braids, but I don't know how to do cornrows. Would flat twisting your hair be a good starter and then install the crochet hair that way?
          It's funny you ask that. I saw a girl on YouTube that Didnt know how to cornrow and she did flat twist. It worked for her

Comment

Originally posted by Crystalhandy View Post
            It's funny you ask that. I saw a girl on YouTube that Didnt know how to cornrow and she did flat twist. It worked for her
            Well that's good news!

Comment

I used 5 packs of freetress Brazilian braid. Had them in a month....didn't shampoo.but moisturized every other day...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CurlyNikki App
              Attached Files
              PJ and proud of it.
              BC 7/17/11

Comment

I cut a little off then had it shaped bc it was huge and so much hair. It didn't cause any damage.

Comment

Just got some more!! Love it! Attachment
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chelleymonroe View Post
                    I used 5 packs of freetress Brazilian braid. Had them in a month....didn't shampoo.but moisturized every other day...

How did the hair itself hold up. Tangling? Matting ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristilanette View Post
                      Just got some more!! Love it! Attachment
                      Pretty. Looks good on you.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It actually want that bad.during the last few days I had problems with tangles but I was sleeping with nothing on my head lol
                        Originally posted by Crystalhandy View Post
                        How did the hair itself hold up. Tangling? Matting ?

PJ and proud of it.
                        BC 7/17/11

Comment

Hmm my mom is about to get this style done on her hair. I want to see how hers turn out. I'm curious about it. I saw a youtube video on it and it seems pretty simple. It also seems like a sew-in in a sense. What are some of the main differences between a sew-in and crochet braids?

Have a natural hair blog/vlog? Submit your information to have a profile on the new Natural Hair Blog Directory! Our mission is to promote natural hair blogs and help others find natural hair blogs that they can relate to through our uniquely organized directory listings. Visit thenhbdirectory.com for more details.

Personalities | Natural Hair | TAP | Christian Walk | Just Life - Visit my blog: lovethyintrovert.com!

Comment

You can get to you scalp easier with crochet braids and you don't have to have any leave out. Those are the main differences to me. Oh and price!! Braid hair is cheaper than weaving hair.

Comment

I've had mine in for about 2 weeks now. It's been the longest two weeks ever! I miss my own hair, but I'm trying to keep these in for a month.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X