X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NaNurChi
    started a topic Pre-weave/sew-in regimen!

Pre-weave/sew-in regimen!

Hi =)

Please share what you do to your hair before getting a weave. Is there anything extra you do that wash day or the day of, that helps you prepare your hair for the hibernation?

I'm about to get my first sew-in since my BC... I feel incredibly nervous. I'm so much more aware of my hair now you know? Will she put too much heat, will she pull too much.. what if this, what if that.

• afromerican-doll
    replied
    I wear weaves 50 weeks out of the year O.o (I'm lazy) and when I go to the salon I get a shampoo and a deep condition/protein treatment. And that's it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• JahvoniR.
    replied
    Oh no problem. :-)
    But I don't do anything special to my edges before a weave, but while the weave is in I do pay attention to them. I'll oil them every now and again, and make sure they're covered when I'm sleeping, and just making sure when I'm getting the weave that it's not pulling tight on my edges

Leave a comment:

• NaNurChi
    replied
    Do you ladies give your edges any special attention?

Thanks so much for the responses by the way. I truly appreciate it. Very useful! I dunno why I didn't consider a protein treatment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• ShawnyBlazes
    replied
    Before I get a weave installed. I do a good protein treatment on my hair so thats its pretty durable in the the braids. I then follow that up with a moisture deep conditioning session and then stretch my hair for a week to its not coiled up.

Then I decide what type of hair Im going to get. I never leave my horseshoe area out , so I dont have to worry about heat on my own hair.

Then I buy a bunch of spritzs so I can make sure to get between the net/weaved up hair. I also use a good hair oil with an applicator top so I can get to my scalp as well

Leave a comment:

• JahvoniR.
    replied
    Sorry that posted twice lol _

Leave a comment:

• JahvoniR.
    replied
    Hey there, I've been wearing weaves for a while now and I have a little process that I do before I get a sew in.
    I make sure to do a protein treatment followed by a good deep condition.
    I clarify my scalp, make sure there's no product build up on there.
    And before braiding it down, I just make sure I moisturize and seal my hair.

Hth :-)

Leave a comment:

• JahvoniR.
    replied
    Hey there. I wear weaves every now and again and what I do is I make sure I get a protein treatment in, and a deep condition in. Just to make sure my hair is prepared. I also clarify my scalp, make sure there's no product build up on there . And lastly.. I just make sure I moisturize and seal my hair before braiding it down.

I've been into sew ins for years now and I've never had any issues

Leave a comment:

Working...
X