X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braids or Twists or Something New??

For the last 3 years every summer I would RUN and get the poetic justice braids! I cannot do a thing with my natural hair in the summer...I sweat really bad on my scalp so no matter what I try and do with it, it's a puff ball by the end of the day! My boyfriend loovveess my natural hair, HATES braids and he kindly put up with them for the last 3 years but this year I wanted to try something a little different to accomidate his hate for them, yet my need for needing something to protect my hair and something easily maintained. I was looking at doing havana twists, but not too sure I like the hair texture and of course you can only buy that hair online. I hate the texture of the marley hair .. my boyfriend also said they still look like the poetic jusice braids, just twists (men!). I may just give in and get the braids and tell him to deal with it...but I'm really trying to search for other avenues so we can have a less-frictioned summer..lol. Any ideas for a protective style in the summer other than braids?! Im also not good with keeping up with weaves. The longest I keep a weave in is MAYBE 3 wks before I'm ready to take it out...Im bad with weaves lol. Any suggestions Im open too..

Are you trying to do someThing besides individual braids or do you want something besides poetic justice braids? If you want you can try crochet braides.. yarn braids.. corn rows (with or without weeve).. flat twist and maybe even try mini twist with your own hair.. I don't know how long your hair is but I hth and also check out youtube and the show me your hair thread for ideas..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

first, i have found havana hair in BSS, you probably have to look harder. but i mean you can do micro braids, senegalese....you didn't specify whether you wanted to stay away from"poetic justice" braids or all braids. what i would do is maybe suggest a wig? you can keep it twisted under and take it off at the end of the day

Comment

Originally posted by Netteyp View Post
        Are you trying to do someThing besides individual braids or do you want something besides poetic justice braids? If you want you can try crochet braides.. yarn braids.. corn rows (with or without weeve).. flat twist and maybe even try mini twist with your own hair.. I don't know how long your hair is but I hth and also check out youtube and the show me your hair thread for ideas..

My hair straightened comes to below my shoulder bone, so its an okay length to do mini twists with my own hair. I was just looking at other posts about mini twists and I think I may do those. Only thing about mini twists is how long can I keep them in? I was thinking about doing them in May or June and hoping to take them out in August. I'll keep researching .. but I guess what I meant by poetic justic braids are individuals. I just liked to get them a tad bit bigger so thats why i called them that. I hate cornrows as an adult (think I was scarred by my mom always doing cornrows when I was a kid!) and I do flat twists now as a protective style, I just take them out .. I'm going to keep researching, but I am leaning toward the min twists. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wutie View Post
          first, i have found havana hair in BSS, you probably have to look harder. but i mean you can do micro braids, senegalese....you didn't specify whether you wanted to stay away from"poetic justice" braids or all braids. what i would do is maybe suggest a wig? you can keep it twisted under and take it off at the end of the day
          That may be an idea .. if I do mini twists I could definetly rock those, or place them under a wig cap and rock a wig on cooler summer days or a night out.

Comment

Originally posted by monique.wilson33 View Post
            My hair straightened comes to below my shoulder bone, so its an okay length to do mini twists with my own hair. I was just looking at other posts about mini twists and I think I may do those. Only thing about mini twists is how long can I keep them in? I was thinking about doing them in May or June and hoping to take them out in August. I'll keep researching .. but I guess what I meant by poetic justic braids are individuals. I just liked to get them a tad bit bigger so thats why i called them that. I hate cornrows as an adult (think I was scarred by my mom always doing cornrows when I was a kid!) and I do flat twists now as a protective style, I just take them out .. I'm going to keep researching, but I am leaning toward the min twists. Thanks!

Your welcome hun! And ok I gotcha I like my individual braids big too! Lol.. post a pic when you can hun good luck

Comment

Working...
            X