X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat twists not working

So I think I've finally figured out the mechanics of flat twisting, but the twists aren't really turning out the way I want them to. I want to wear them as a style, but they look too puffy and dry - almost like wool - for me to be comfortable wearing them outside of the house. I think one problem might be that I'm using too much hair, but I've seen people with big chunky flat twists who don't seem to have this issue, so maybe not.

I've tried them on both curly and stretched hair. It's always dry with minimal product to start, usually the day after I've cleansed and deep conditioned my hair. Right before I twist, I section off all of the hair that I want to twist (usually in the front because I'm still not good enough to do vertical twists), spray the section with a mix of warm water + EVOO + Sesame Seed Oil, add a creamy leave-in conditioner, and detangle the section with a Denman brush. Then I start twisting.

When I do this with regular twists, regardless of the size, my twists are always very shiny and defined and will stay that way for up to a week. But my flat twists just look matted and dull for some reason, and I can't figure out why.

Any suggestions?

Maybe try doing it on freshly washed wet hair in order to grip a little tighter to help them lay down a bit more? I've had this problem when doing it on dry hair. Sent from my SM-G920I using CurlyNikki App

Comment

yeah not to say no it would be not that bad ...
      Best Hair Transplant Islamabad in Pakistan| FUE Hair Transplant in Peshawar Pakistan

Comment

Working...
      X