Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What haircut should I ask for?

Hi ladies,
    It has been about 9 months since my big chop and I have yet to have a trim. I feel like it is beyond time but I am a bit nervous about getting it done since my previous stylist moved away around the time I big chopped. I was thinking I should straighten my hair and then go get it cut. I have no idea what I should ask the stylist to do. When my hair was relaxed I always requested layers but I'm not sure if that will look funny with my wash and go. If it helps, I generally wear my hair in a wash and go, my texture is 3c/4a and its about shoulder length when curly. Any suggestions on what to ask the stylist for?

I just ask my stylist to trim off the dead hair. I don't ask for a style. If you want shape I normally try to just keep the traditional round afro-shape.
    come celebrate
    with me that everyday
    something has tried to kill me
    and has failed
    ~Lucille Clifton

Comment

For me its always confusing what style to have. I have long, straight and silky hair that i cant some other styles, but the i like them as they are.
      Stella

Comment

We both are alike Lyss. Last month I got a cut, I just asked my hair stylist to straighten my hair with a proper hair cut. I did not ask for a style. He gave me cut according to my face structure that looks good and suit me. Maybe you should try the same.

Comment

I second Lyss's question; what are some popular haircuts for natural hair?

The only formal haircut name I've ever heard of is the "Deva cut," but I do know I want my wash and go's to have an interesting shape to it. Anyway, I was browsing images online and came across Whitney Houston's old haircut. I love it, but I wouldn't want my hair to be that short. What should I say to a stylist? Does anyone have any stylist recommendations for DC or NY?

I have 3c/4a hair that's bra strap length.

Comment

maybe smth like that
            Attached Files

Comment

A tapered cut is always a good choice. Go to a barber; they are used to working with our hair.
              Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Every hair cut or hair style depending upon your hairs that in which style you would be looks nice ..
                Best Hair Transplant Islamabad in Pakistan| FUE Hair Transplant in Peshawar Pakistan

Comment

Working...
                X