Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Any other new naturals ? :) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any other new naturals ? :)

    my name is raven I'm 21 years old and i live in South Carolina. I'm a new natural i big chopped on 02.09.13 !! i love my twa (teenie weenie afro) but i don't wear it out yet except for around the house . I'm just sticking to wigs as my protective style for now until it grows out.

  • #2
    I'm not a new natural but I've been natural before and texlaxed in August 2012 but growing it back out now. Just stopping in to say hey to a fellow South Carolinian. Congrats on your BC as well!

    Comment


    • #3
      Yay another SC person !! What part?N what products are you using to protect
      Your hair in this crazy up and down weather we have

      Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App

      Comment


      • #4
        I am recently all natural. I did my BC at the beginning of the year. I am from New Orleans but am currently in Baton Rouge due to school. I had braids in up until Sunday and I can not keep my hands out of my head. I love it!
        April 2012 - Last Relaxer
        January 2013 - Big Chop

        Comment


        • #5
          Did my BC 2-02-2013, I wear my twa out all the time. I'm also in Baton Rouge for school!

          Comment


          • #6
            congrats on ur bc i am the same i love my hair and cnt stop touching it!!!

            Originally posted by Natural4/12 View Post
            I am recently all natural. I did my BC at the beginning of the year. I am from New Orleans but am currently in Baton Rouge due to school. I had braids in up until Sunday and I can not keep my hands out of my head. I love it!

            Comment


            • #7
              congrats on ur bc as well i dnt have the courage to wear mine out yet lol but im getting there finally showing a few friends n my bf

              Originally posted by Poizyn View Post
              Did my BC 2-02-2013, I wear my twa out all the time. I'm also in Baton Rouge for school!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi im from Massachusetts. I did my BC the beginning of 2013 (: i also love my curls And cant stop touching my hair (:

                my only issue is that my nape area is taking forever to grow D:

                any advice girls ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Some things to try
                  • Consider protective styling. allowing your nape hair to avoid the rigors of styling will allow it to strengthen and grow.
                  • Moisturize your nape hair more than the rest of your hair. If needed, moisturize it daily or twice daily to prevent breakage due to dryness.
                  • Massage your scalp with castor oil as many curlies have claimed that it has helped to stimulating growth in damaged areas.
                  • Always cover your hair at night with a silk or satin covering when you sleep to prevent damage from friction and dryness. Also, consider wearing a bonnet if scarves create too much friction on your nape.







                  Originally posted by AnnaFequiere View Post
                  Hi im from Massachusetts. I did my BC the beginning of 2013 (: i also love my curls And cant stop touching my hair (:

                  my only issue is that my nape area is taking forever to grow D:

                  any advice girls ?
                  Last edited by naturallyraven; 02-28-2013, 11:32 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Congrats on your chop!!!
                    Nothing wrong with a protective style at this point. I transitioned for 2 months before I BC in Oct. 2012, and it was such a relief and happy moment, I didnt cover up, just got on the bandwagon of styles and care. As long as you are treating your hair underneath and giving attention, all will be well, and when you are ready for the big reveal, just know, you are doing this for YOU and no one else. Compliments may come few and rare, just embrace your personal goals and make the best of it.
                    I look forward to seeing your updates! Always happy to see young ladies embrace natural hair
                    :: My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JourneyF...?feature=watch ::

                    Transition start: 8/7/12
                    Big Chop: 10/17/12

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      naturallyraven - we have the same BC date!

                      AnnaFequiere - I am noticing that a lot of people just have different textures and different rates of growth on their heads. My nape, sides, and front grow so rapidly that I've had to cut them down because my crown grows slower.

                      Definitely follow naturallyraven's advice on using more moisture in that area and wrapping your hair at night. I also started spraying my hair at night with water, concentrating more on my crown, and it is starting to take off. I look at it as watering a plant.
                      Last Relaxer: Nov 2012
                      BC: February 9, 2013

                      Natural the Second Time Around

                      Instagram - itsTdot

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thanks for the advice i try to make sure my hair is moisturized underneath my wig. i only wear it to school for a few hours then i wear it out around the house. and i think im saving my big reveal to the public till june i know a while away lol but during that time there is a natural hair expo and white party in my city and i want to wear it out there i think by that time it might be a more comfortable length for me as well. and since you wore your out right after what styles do you recommend just incase i get the urge to wear it out b4 hand.

                        Originally posted by westdove View Post
                        Congrats on your chop!!!
                        Nothing wrong with a protective style at this point. I transitioned for 2 months before I BC in Oct. 2012, and it was such a relief and happy moment, I didnt cover up, just got on the bandwagon of styles and care. As long as you are treating your hair underneath and giving attention, all will be well, and when you are ready for the big reveal, just know, you are doing this for YOU and no one else. Compliments may come few and rare, just embrace your personal goals and make the best of it.
                        I look forward to seeing your updates! Always happy to see young ladies embrace natural hair

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          YAY BIG CHOP TWINS!!! and i also wet and moisturize b4 bed as well. and your right about the different textures and different rates of growth thats something to remember also


                          Originally posted by itsTdot View Post
                          naturallyraven - we have the same BC date!

                          AnnaFequiere - I am noticing that a lot of people just have different textures and different rates of growth on their heads. My nape, sides, and front grow so rapidly that I've had to cut them down because my crown grows slower.

                          Definitely follow naturallyraven's advice on using more moisture in that area and wrapping your hair at night. I also started spraying my hair at night with water, concentrating more on my crown, and it is starting to take off. I look at it as watering a plant.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm 4 months natural, and moisture was a big issue for me when I first did the big chop. You'll try a lot of products during your newbie stage. Try to avoid silicones during this time if you can. Washing your hair with a sulfate shampoo will rob your hair of moisture. Try getting a sulfate free shampoo without silicones and conditioner wash your hair more than shampooing. Deep condition your hair as often as you can. Also try to trim or cut off any remaining straight ends you may have left over from the relaxer this can make or break your hairs moisture retention is straight strands or ends or left over.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Poizyn View Post
                              Did my BC 2-02-2013, I wear my twa out all the time. I'm also in Baton Rouge for school!
                              Really college or high school? I am at LSU
                              April 2012 - Last Relaxer
                              January 2013 - Big Chop

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X