Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here and rocking a TWA BC 6/20/14

Hello ladies!

I have been natural for 8 years but HARDLY ever wore my hair in its natural state. I always had my hair pressed and wore it straight. Well I started a new job as a marine biologist in February and that is when my hair shot to he!!....I used to have thick healthy hair but having to wash it every other day or what have you took its toll on my hair. Soooooo my stylist and I ended up chopping it off and starting over. It is a huge adjustment because I have never had hair this short so sometimes I am self conscious when people fuss at me about the hair I previously had. I have been short for 2 weeks now and I am adjusting. I use the Anthony Dickie method when washing my hair and styling my curls. http://yournaturalhair.com/anthony-d...r-world-storm/

It really seems to do well in my hair. My go to products are As I am Cleansing pudding, As I am cowash, Pop Curls curl defining creme, Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Curl defining creme glaze and motions curls products (these leave my hair a little greasy and sticky so I don't use them anymore). I also do the greenhouse method three nights a week...I am going to try to go to four nights by next week. For my greenhouse method I use Jamaican Black Castor oil mixed with tea tree oil, or I use avocado, honey and coconut oil mixed together and put on my hair as a masque cover with the showercap and a satin bonnet for the night while I sleep.

I have been lurking this site forever and never joined because I wasn't a curly natural. Well here I am...nervous as all get out...My goal is to have shoulder length hair in a year...is that a crazy goal?
    my damaged hair. Then me with my chop. The hair on the floor was just the back of my head my stylist said My curls my hair after cutting a significant amount off..it looked healthy but was thin as all get out

Welcome CurlyCB! Your hair is beautiful, damaged or not!
    Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Hey there and welcome CurlYCB. I too am returning to natural! Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Thank you so much! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using CurlyNikki App

Comment

We are all in this natural journey together! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Most welcome to the curb forum I hope you will have a great time over here..
            Best Hair Transplant Islamabad in Pakistan| FUE Hair Transplant in Peshawar Pakistan

Comment

Working...
            X