X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 yo DRYYYYY hair

I love my daughters hair, but it won't stay moisturized, even for a day. Also her hair is starting to break off extremely bad! I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. I've tried kids natural hair products, adult natural hair products, regular ole Blue Magic, and nothing moisturizes her hair!!!!
    Last relaxer: 10/2012. Current Length: NL. Goal Length: BSL. Favorite Protective Style: Pin Curls. Favorite Products: Olive Oil Silk Elements Line. *I'm transitioning and don't plan on doing a BC.*

Originally posted by AshlynNicole View Post
    I love my daughters hair, but it won't stay moisturized, even for a day. Also her hair is starting to break off extremely bad! I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. I've tried kids natural hair products, adult natural hair products, regular ole Blue Magic, and nothing moisturizes her hair!!!!

Try the L.O.C. Method or LCO (Liquid Cream Oil) as the way you apply products. Also look through this section for more details on how dry hair can be addressed. Lol I think a lot of us have been through the same thing. The way you layer products on her hair can make a huge difference. For example if you are putting grease on her hair after conditioning then that grease is not going to allow any other moisture to enter her hair (think of it as a barrier that won't allow water in).

For product recommendations, just look back through the thread as I've typed out what I've tried and done. Also The Science Of Black Hair suggests that younger babies and children don't need shampoo as much or even at all unless their hair gets really dirty. I haven't totally tried co-washing yet but will try it more in the summer to see what happens etc.
    Last relaxer May 2011 BC'ed April 13, 2012
    Simba's Details:
    3C/4a Corkscrew/Fractal/Zigzag Curls
    Density: High Density (Me) Tot: (Medium Density)
    Width: Medium (Me) Tot: (Medium to Fine)
    Porosity: Low Porosity (Me) Tot: (High Porosity)

Simba's Staples: Donna Marie, Camille Rose, GDLI, Organicals, Design Essentials (Organic Cleanse, Twist Lotion, Creme Gel, Mousse), Curls, Bee Mine, Koils By Nature Coco Aloe Deep, Chagrin Valley--Henna Bar and Det. Tea Rinse

Comment

Working...
    X