Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honny, Kw, MsMiki, Running, Biz, AJ, Letha, Juana, Foxxy, Lainey.. I hope I didn't forget anyone. I thank ALL of you for your prayers for my dad. I pray that my dad doesn't have any health issues. My late great uncle (my dad looks JUST like him) passed away last yr from prostate cancer. So, it makes me VERY concerned.

Running, I think by the time my son goes to college he may decide to keep it cut. Maintenance for locs is not cheap in the beginning.

Letha, I've had people ask me if I was natural. It's as though they're not sure. Lol... One lady told me I can wear natural hair because I have soft hair. It's so weird how some people think you have to have the right hair.

On the same note.. The last time I straightened my hair my students were amazed that my hair was so long. Lol.. Go type 4 curly, coily hair! I like how it can draw up like a turtle in its shell then I straighten it and it's like va va voom! But, no heat for me until the summer.
    http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

• Raven, on Sunday, my Mom was cooking and she fainted. She and my Dad are in very good health, mind you. When I called her to exchange sermon lessons, she sounded down and told me what happened.

I was scared. I prayed hard. It turned out to be low blood pressure (from fasting) and dehydration (from being busy).

I understand your fear and concern, especially when it comes to our Dads.

Letha, some people just don't get it! This lady in CVS insisted that my hair was a weave! Nothing I said changed her mind! She ended up going to BSS looking for Natural hair by God.
      Wen...nothing else!

Comment

• Honny! no you didnt send that lady to a BSS looking for an actual brand of hair called Natural Hair by God. OMG, i just pee'd a little laughing so hard. Thank you for my laughter for the day.
        Peace, Light & Love
        Hair Staples: Rhassoul clay (cleanse), Oil Rinsing, Marshmallow Moisture Balm, FSG or AVG

Comment

• AJ, she refused to believe that my hair was not a weave! I told her a million times that it was natural, and she kept asking "Who makes that?"

I wonder what she bought.
          Wen...nothing else!

Comment

• Originally posted by HonnyBrown View Post
            AJ, she refused to believe that my hair was not a weave! I told her a million times that it was natural, and she kept asking "Who makes that?"

Oooh, girl. I need me some of that God weave. Lmbo!!!!

You're on to something good. How about.. Wigs by G.O.D.
            http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

• Hi Curlies!

Originally posted by Ravenpriestess View Post
              Hello everyone!
              Today was a success. Why? I didn't lose my cool too much over the foolishness. Smh.. God, help the children.

Thanks to everyone for your comments about my aunt. I feel like she truly is here for a reason and my mom said it's time for family to come together. My dad is going through a lot right now. Long story short .. Dad was inherited property from his late aunt who just passed. Her granddaughter falsified documents and is now trying to claim the property. Y'all there are forged documents! I saw them with my own eyes. It's so sad that some people are that shady.

Please pray for my family as my dad has to clear up this mess that was created. I am claiming my dad's victory over this legal situation and awaiting his results from a prostate cancer screening. Yes, I said prostrate cancer. Again, he is being told he may have a different form of cancer. I've been on an emotional roller coaster.
              Raven I am praying for your dad.

Originally posted by HonnyBrown View Post
              Raven, on Sunday, my Mom was cooking and she fainted. She and my Dad are in very good health, mind you. When I called her to exchange sermon lessons, she sounded down and told me what happened.

I was scared. I prayed hard. It turned out to be low blood pressure (from fasting) and dehydration (from being busy).

I understand your fear and concern, especially when it comes to our Dads.

Letha, some people just don't get it! This lady in CVS insisted that my hair was a weave! Nothing I said changed her mind! She ended up going to BSS looking for Natural hair by God.
              LOL Honny I have that brand of hair also and I love it!

Today I did more busy work. Cleaned out my cabinets today moving dishes and putting all my glasses in my china cabinet. Can't believe how many cocktail glasses I have (mostly martini glasses). Found a few treasures also I forgot I had. Does anyone use Stirrings Cocktail Mixes? I found some I ordered prob 1-1 1/2 years ago: Watermelon martini, Pomegranate Martini, Peach Bellini, Blood Orange Martini, Blueberry Martini and Lemon Drop. Looks like I will have a Martini party once things are settled here! I was tickled pink.

Comment

• Raven sending prayers to your dad and family.

Honey, glad you got you twa back. Do what works for you.

Blen I'm glad the challenge is almost over but I actually think it helped me. I'm less anxious to randomly buy new products since I already have what works for me.

Running how do moisturize your twists when you keep them on so long. I like the as I am twisting cream when I do my twists that I keep in for a couple weeks but they start to feel dry.

KW (I think it was you that asked about henna) I henna about once a month and I'm getting a purplish red hue to my hair. I've been doing it for a year or so. I have applied henna over color and liked the results but you're supposed to do a strand test first. LOL.

Hey to everyone else! Good night!

Sent from my EVO using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Originally posted by HonnyBrown View Post
                  AJ, she refused to believe that my hair was not a weave! I told her a million times that it was natural, and she kept asking "Who makes that?"

Honny she could have been just that dumb and not really even understand what u was saying.. She might have had that mentality that most people have black women can't have pretty hair unless its a wig or weave.. That was too funny..lol
                  sigpic

Comment

• Good morning Sunshines

Still laughing over the "natural hair by God" brand of hair at the BSS. I wonder what would happen if I went into one of our local BSS and asked for that brand of hair

Anywho.....Make it an awesome day Ladies and don't forget to smile on the process
                    Peace, Light & Love
                    Hair Staples: Rhassoul clay (cleanse), Oil Rinsing, Marshmallow Moisture Balm, FSG or AVG

Comment

• Originally posted by melzway View Post
                      Raven sending prayers to your dad and family.

Honey, glad you got you twa back. Do what works for you.

Blen I'm glad the challenge is almost over but I actually think it helped me. I'm less anxious to randomly buy new products since I already have what works for me.

Running how do moisturize your twists when you keep them on so long. I like the as I am twisting cream when I do my twists that I keep in for a couple weeks but they start to feel dry.

KW (I think it was you that asked about henna) I henna about once a month and I'm getting a purplish red hue to my hair. I've been doing it for a year or so. I have applied henna over color and liked the results but you're supposed to do a strand test first. LOL.

Hey to everyone else! Good night!

The first week after i wash im good...but then i start to get the dryness...

I had looked at someone's vid i cant remember who and she was saying how to keep twist moisturized....what she did was spritz her hair...added a leave-in and sealed...that didnt work for me, i got build up...maybe my leave-in at the time wasnt right....so now what i do...i spritz my hair with just plain water and seal normally twice a week...i have dry hair....i do it at night...spritz with the water seal with my oil then i wrap my twist around my head like i did when i had a relaxer....this keeps them from shrinking and from frizzing....then i take them down in the am...and keep it moving.......also if your hair likes humectants....another good thing i found out was if you have a spritz like the gregs juice from oyin...to spray it on your hair prior to getting in the shower....that was the only way i could use that stuff...i love the smell but just on my dry hair it did not work...but in the shower it was great...when i got out i would seal and wrap....but im out of that now so now i just use plain ol water....but i will def be getting the juice and berry for the summer it smells so good now that i found out using while in the shower works well for me....
                      Last edited by Offandrunning; 03-20-2013, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• My hair laughed at that oyin spray but I think I'll try it next time before going on the shower. As I am doesn't play nice with other products. I didn't think of it then but I could try their leave in before I shower. I really hate it when my hair looks nice bit feels rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by melzway View Post
                          My hair laughed at that oyin spray but I think I'll try it next time before going on the shower. As I am doesn't play nice with other products. I didn't think of it then but I could try their leave in before I shower. I really hate it when my hair looks nice bit feels rough.

Yeah it left my hair feeling weird...kinda tacky or something...but when i use it in the shower...my hair is very moisturize when i get out.....

I have never use any AS I AM products...but if they have a lightweight leave-in then the leave-in and seal method may work for you.....

Comment

• Happy Wednesday, curlies!

Another great day at work. I really didn't feel like working out today, so I did a 30 minute hike on the treadmill, weighted abs and shrugs.

I found out, from talking to friends, that my stress diet over the summer caused my adrenal gland to...quit. That's why my body turned to jelly (and not the good kind).

I'm loving, loving my TWA!
                            Wen...nothing else!

Comment

• Raven my Father had prostate cancer 13 years ago had the surgery and followed a strict diet as part of his recovery. He's healthier than my younger brothers. Prayers for you and yours.

Honny it may not be that kind of jelly yet but you are on your way.

I have the opposite issue with my nape, it's almost a mullet. I wish my front would grow as fast.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using CurlyNikki App
                              I want my hair to look good, feel good, and grow. The best combinations of science and nature should make that happen right.

Comment

• Hey everyone!
                                I'm trying to make it through this week and then next Thursday is the beginning of Spring Break. Coffee helps me in the morning. I just have to push through until next week. I have been grading at home. I am doing my best to stay focused.

Y'all have a good evening!

Comment

Working...
                                X