Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Nighttime Hair Help Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nighttime Hair Help

    It's been about...2 years since I went natural. I didn't do the BC, instead, I cut little by little off until all the relaxer was finally gone. Now...fast forward. A few weeks ago, I had to have about six inches cut because my hair had gotten so bad the ends were splitting straight up. Now, when my hair was straight, I would wrap it and the next morning, it's still moisturized and looked nice.

    If I wrap it up now, it's flatten curls and a dry desert in the morning. Even after the shower (about 2 hours or so) my hair is dry and crunchy again, no shine..nothing. My hair only looks good when it's wet.

    I've been hoping it would grow now that I'm natural, but it hasn't done anything. On top of that, my daughter's hair is even drier than mine (seriously, her hair repels water).

    Any advice on some nighttime help? I'd like to have some shine, moisture, and bounce in my curls without looking like I spent a year in the desert.

    Thanks ladies.
    Last Relaxer May 2011
    First Natural Cut Aug 2011
    Current Obsession: Coconut

  • #2
    Originally posted by mercyphoenix View Post
    It's been about...2 years since I went natural. I didn't do the BC, instead, I cut little by little off until all the relaxer was finally gone. Now...fast forward. A few weeks ago, I had to have about six inches cut because my hair had gotten so bad the ends were splitting straight up. Now, when my hair was straight, I would wrap it and the next morning, it's still moisturized and looked nice.

    If I wrap it up now, it's flatten curls and a dry desert in the morning. Even after the shower (about 2 hours or so) my hair is dry and crunchy again, no shine..nothing. My hair only looks good when it's wet.

    I've been hoping it would grow now that I'm natural, but it hasn't done anything. On top of that, my daughter's hair is even drier than mine (seriously, her hair repels water).

    Any advice on some nighttime help? I'd like to have some shine, moisture, and bounce in my curls without looking like I spent a year in the desert.

    Thanks ladies.

    I would say find a good leave in conditioner and seal the moisture in with an oil or a butter. Make sure you focus on the ends because that is where the hair is the oldest and the most damaged (if there is damage.) A good leave in should be water based.

    Comment


    • #3
      I did the same for 2 years but snipped the ends of the twists the whole time. Are you using moisturizing shampoo and conditioner?
      Last edited by CurlyBronzie; 09-08-2013, 11:31 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CurlyBronzie View Post
        I did the same for 2 years but snipped the ends of the twists the whole time. Are you using moisturizing shampoo and conditioner?
        I'm using Clear Scalp Therapy right now. I have the Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Mask and Hair Oil. I've been trying to pay close attention to the ends. Since I don't wrap it up at night, I'm trying to figure out what to do to keep it from being so dry in the morning.
        Last Relaxer May 2011
        First Natural Cut Aug 2011
        Current Obsession: Coconut

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mercyphoenix View Post
          I'm using Clear Scalp Therapy right now. I have the Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Mask and Hair Oil. I've been trying to pay close attention to the ends. Since I don't wrap it up at night, I'm trying to figure out what to do to keep it from being so dry in the morning.
          The products that give mine moisture for days are the hair puddings and milks. Like, Jam custard, Cantu coconut curling cream and the activator as well as the Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie and their milk, just to name a few. They all seem to have enough oils in the mix even if I don't twist or braid at night. Oh, and like the other poster mentioned...a leave in conditioner will smooth the cuticles so the ends won't be so dry. I always use them.
          Last edited by CurlyBronzie; 09-09-2013, 06:52 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mercyphoenix View Post
            I'm using Clear Scalp Therapy right now. I have the Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Mask and Hair Oil. I've been trying to pay close attention to the ends. Since I don't wrap it up at night, I'm trying to figure out what to do to keep it from being so dry in the morning.
            Are you putting a moisturizer on your hair in between washes? How often do you wash?

            Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlyNikki App

            Comment


            • #7
              Do you deep condition weekly? Maybe a good moisturizing deep conditioner would help with the dryness.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mercyphoenix View Post
                I'm using Clear Scalp Therapy right now. I have the Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Mask and Hair Oil. I've been trying to pay close attention to the ends. Since I don't wrap it up at night, I'm trying to figure out what to do to keep it from being so dry in the morning.
                Are you wearing a satin cap or sleeping on a satin pillow case?
                19 y/o lifelong natural {4a/O-shaped coils;spongy;porous;coarse;normal-dense;MBL!}

                {products i love and use}
                Cleanse: Jason's Dandruff Shampoo
                Moisturize: LOCO with AVJ, oil mix and AOHSR; homemade cocoa butter cream
                Deep Condition: AOHSR + castor oil mix, Cassia/Amla/Aloe Vera Powder mix (happy scalp + strong/soft strands)
                Protein Treatment: Neutral Protein Filler
                Seal: Grapeseed oil, Jojoba oil, JBCO
                Scalp issues: Probiotics


                read my blog!
                follow me on twittah!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Like most of the ladies stated deep conditioner. For dryness look at butter moisturizers to combat the dryness research the kimmay leave in conditioner it keeps my hair so moisturized




                  8 months natural 12/20/12 14 months post relaxer. Follow my journey to kind of loving my hair. I didn't like my natural hair after my bc, but now I'm starting to like it. Check out my YouTube channel. Search Lparke02, or click the link. Please rate and sub.


                  http://youtu.be/0bC2jW3itvY

                  Attachment
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is a week-long challenge that really helped make my hair moisturized and soft. I highly recommend it.

                    http://realblackhair.tumblr.com/post...tion-challenge

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm definitely going to try this. I've read the article and watched the recommended video by Naptural85. Sounds like a huge help for my dry strands. Thank you for sharing!

                      Originally posted by FlintstonePearl View Post
                      This is a week-long challenge that really helped make my hair moisturized and soft. I highly recommend it.

                      http://realblackhair.tumblr.com/post...tion-challenge


                      Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You are welcome! Good luck.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X