X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Go Natural?

Hi, everyone! I'm looking to go natural but I don't necessarily know how. I want to go natural because of breakage. I've attached a photo of how my hair is now, it's roughly about neck length. I've hadn't had a relaxer since August 2012 but I do have a color rinse and I flat-iron my hair. I'm on break from school and I am looking into the possibility of getting Senegalese twists, since I don't want to go through the Big Chop and I don't maintain my hair during the summer, which is why I know it's breaking off. Am I going in the right direction? Also, can you all provide with your tips/tricks for staying on the right track?
    Thanks for your input.
    Attached Files

Hey welcome to CN! I do believe that twists are a great way to get started on hair growth. The basic needs most naturals rely on are a good leave-in conditioner, a sealant oil/butter, and a good shampoo or cleansing conditioner. There are so many available products out there (don't fall into the PJ addiction lol) and finding out what works for you takes much trial and error. But it is worth it especially when your hair thanks you with a tremendous amount of growth.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Also I'm not trying to pressure you to stop flat ironing, but the breakage can very well be the result of it. I don't know much about flat ironing, but I do know that if your hair is a bit on the dry side and you take a flat iron to it...you can create some problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I currently use Vatika Oil has an overnight pre-shampoo treatment. Also, the shampoo and conditioner that I currently use is Jasön Restorative Biotin and Giovanni Smooth As Silk, respectively. Is there a post on CurlyNikki or any other site that explains how to go about washing, conditioning, etc twists because I've never had them in my hair.

What is PJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissytd View Post
          What is PJ?
          PJ = Product Junkie

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App
          2c/3a, fine, BSL
          Low-poo: Acure Organics Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Bobeam and CV poo bars; Eden Coconut Co-Wash
          Conditioner: Acure Organic Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Trade Joe's TTT
          Stylers: SM CES; As I Am Leave-In Conditioner
          PT: CJ Repair Me; SSI Okra Reconstructor; BASK Vanilla Whiskey Soak
          DT: Ynobe Amla & Nettle; KBB Luscious Locks

Comment

Originally posted by yossarian View Post
            PJ = Product Junkie

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App
            Okay. I've found that my relaxed hair is growing with the three products listed in my 2nd post. Hopefully it continues growing once I begin the transition. I'm trying to find more info about maintaining the protective styles before I commit.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
            X