X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinky Twist maintenance help

Hello everyone! I just got kinky twists installed on my 2 1/2 inch TWA and I love them. My concern is I've had braids in the past that locked up especially around the parameters of my head. My last set of Senegalese braids were in for 8 1/2 weeks and it locked up pretty bad which led to my premature big chop. I was planning to transition for a year and it ended at 6 months because my hair locked up pretty bad at the line of demarcation between my natural hair and relaxed ends. To my regret I didn't have much of a regimen then (I'm a full time college student with two jobs). Even though I knew better I only co washed (no shampoo) about three or four times and moisturized and sealed after each wash and no time else really.

My question is this time around I want to be smarter and safer with my braids but I need help. I do have a plan in my head but I'm wondering if it seems like a bit much? Should I change anything? do less? more maybe?

I plan to leave them for six weeks this time and no longer than that

WEEKLY - I plan to wash every week this time (As I am coconut co wash one week and my Shea Moisture moisturizing shampoo(diluted with water) followed by diluted conditioner the next week and continue that rotation until I take my braids out.

DAILY - I spray with my water and glycerin spritz followed by coconut and jojoba oil mix and finally my kimmaytube leave in.
Working...
X