Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meme_2006
    started a topic Protein Treatment Gone Wrong

Protein Treatment Gone Wrong

Yesterday, I attempted to make a deep conditioner, which turned into a protein treatment made out of Shea Moisture Deep Treatment masque, mayo and an egg. I only had the mixture on my head for about 20 minutes. So once I washed it out my hair felt so weird. It's never felt that way before. I ended up cowashing to try to bring some moisture back. After that, I twisted my hair up into chunky twist and made sure to oil my scalp and hair.

Today when I took my twist out my hair felt so parch and thirsty. It felt like straw with oil coating the strands. My ends feel really frizzy. I'm currently putting in my yarn braids again and I realized that a protein overload may be the cause of my problem. I think I've kinda scared myself because I'm braiding my hair, moisturizing my hair and the yarn with each braid. I'm just afraid, once I take the braids out, my hair is gonna fall out or something. Help!
    Attached Files

• Meme_2006
    replied
    Thank you ladies! If there is a next time, I'll make sure to stick to one source of protein.

Leave a comment:

• HonnyBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Chelleymonroe View Post
    Just keep up the moisture maybe try bagging. And the future reference adding mayo and egg isn't really needed. Egg is already in mayo so u kinda don't need both. Maybe try using yougurt as ur protein instead.
    +1. Know the benefits of your ingredients before putting them in your hair.

Leave a comment:

• CurlyMuffin
    replied
    Originally posted by Rimi View Post
    Just do a series of moisturizing DTs until your hair goes back to normal
    +1

I did that once, daily steaming with a DC, and my hair came back like that *snaps fingers*

I DC'ed for about 4-5 days straight.

Leave a comment:

• Chelleymonroe
    replied
    Just keep up the moisture maybe try bagging. And the future reference adding mayo and egg isn't really needed. Egg is already in mayo so u kinda don't need both. Maybe try using yougurt as ur protein instead.

Leave a comment:

• Rimi
    replied
    Just do a series of moisturizing DTs until your hair goes back to normal

Leave a comment:

Working...
X