X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalp Issues

Hello all! Nice to meet y'all. I'm Mandy! I'm about to be two years natural and my hair has grown alot since I big chopped. However, my only issue is that although my hair is soft and seemingly moisturized, my scalp is horrendously dry to the point that my get flakes and scales two days after wash day. It seems to be scalp psoriasis or eczema but I'm not an expert. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I wash and deep condition every week. Co-washing only makes it worse. I also use the LOC method. Help!

Hi Mandy,
    First, I would use a good clarifying shampoo to remove all product & product build-up from your hair. Right now, I'm using Shea Moisture's African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo. It strips EVERYTHING from your hair, including it's moisture so be sure you follow up with a deep conditioning treatment. Do this at least 1x a week.

You could also try adding Tea Tree Oil to your shampoo and/or conditioner.

Comment

• naturally_mandy
      naturally_mandy commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the shampoo I am currently using. It worked when I started using but then it came back and I used it the same way
      ---

Then you may have eczema or some other scalp issue (scalp psoriasis?) that requires prescribed medication. The next step would prob be a dermatologist.

Comment

Thank you @elitetest and @TheLioness0727 I will

Comment

I had scalp issues before. On wash day, I do a hot oil treatment and add tea tree oil to the treatment. I haven't had a problem with flakes in a while since then. When my flakes were really bad, I used a shampoo with tar coal. That also helped. But beware there are sulfates in the shampoo.

Comment

I've definitely had problems with an itchy and flaky scalp before. If you're looking for a heavy duty shampoo that's really going to help solve eczema or dermatitis skin issues then I would recommend this one: http://amzn.to/2sBlAy5.

I actually wrote a blog post on how to maintain a healthy scalp. I provide a lot of different products and methods that I used to get rid of my itchy and flaky scalp. You can read that post here: http://emonirochelle.com/healthy-scalp/

Comment

Working...
          X