X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Old Natural with questions

Wow, where to begin? Well, I've recently just had my "ah ha" moment hairwise a few (maybe 4 or six?) weeks ago (you know the one that usually happens in year 4?). I have a go to style (some form of bun--usually the southern tease bun on a fresh curlformer set), an HG deep conditioner and leave in (three for my hair in long term protective styles like braids and one for my hair as is). I have a regimen, I have a lady who does my henna on the cheap (no more excuses)--by all accounts things are fantastic in this alternate reality my hair rules over as queen. But I still have breakage when I'm working with my hair. I'm pretty gentle with my hair and rarely handle it if it isn't soaked in oil, condtioner or both, so no foul there.There is shedding of course but this falling hair isn't shedding. This is the kind or breakage you see on the floor, in the sink, on your shoulders. This doesn't seem like it should be happening given how often I'm hennaing. And before you ask about protein-moisture know that my HG DC (Natty Naturals) is purely moisture based and leaves my hair stupid soft and moisturized. My diet is pretty protien heavy too and I use these fantastic supplements for my hair, skin and nails (I know these work well) SO How do I stop the breakage/what's causing it? THANK YOU!! Hair type: 4a/4z (really) plus weird 3c spots; Porous; Fine-Medium Fine
    Last edited by Shrilaraune; 03-03-2015, 01:14 AM.

I have had the same issue of late. The only things I reintroduced into my regimen, that really seem to help, are MSM and a protein conditioner.
    come celebrate
    with me that everyday
    something has tried to kill me
    and has failed
    ~Lucille Clifton

Comment

• hardenkc
      hardenkc commented
      Editing a comment
      I rmr the last time I introduce protein to my hair when it was shedding it did not take it well at all. If your hair does not need protein it will tell you. Or at least mine did right away, by shedding and being dry. Here is my hair products and style that I use https://youtu.be/vJN6l4rSVtA
      ---

I had the same problem until I reintroduced Henna and my hair Polish serum.

Comment

What is MSM Poetic? Is it a supplement? Nyjae, as I mentioned, I'm actually using henna quite often. The hair polish serum is interesting though. I actually use shea moisture reconstructive elixir. Would that work the same way?

Comment

• PoeticCurls
        PoeticCurls commented
        Editing a comment
        MSM is a supplement. You can get it at Walmart or most Health food stores.
        ---

I dont know as I never tried it but this hair polish keeps my hair silky for days on end, My homeboy side eyed me the other day and said you had to do something to your hair (meaning texlaxed or perm) and I said no buddy I did not.

Comment

Oh I forgot I started using Shea Butter (whihc was tough for me because I resisted for so long)

Comment

My homeboy side eyed me the other day and said you had to do something to your hair (meaning texlaxed or perm) and I said no buddy I did not.
          LOL. People are trifling sometimes! Can't be mad! Just keep it moving!

Comment

Hi, yes, I have the same case that I needed to polish my hair with protein conditioner. I also want to try hair polish serum.

Comment

I am currently a graduating senior at Rutgers University, and one of my courses examines marketing and audience analysis. For our final project, I have chosen to focus on creating a marketing plan for a fictional natural hair salon. I have constructed a survey to do my market research that will provide the background and basis for the rest of my project and I'm in need of at least 45 more responses.

The survey takes no more than 2 minutes and asks questions about salon/product usage, including demographic info as qualifiers. See the link below.
              Thanks for the help!

https://qtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics....PFAmswnK2f1IsB

Comment

Originally posted by Shrilaraune View Post

LOL. People are trifling sometimes! Can't be mad! Just keep it moving!
                I took it as a compliment. Someone else made a comment about nappy hair so I responded that my hair wasn't "nappy". he tells me I have to be mixed. I laughed in my head because people always seem to have a justification for their ignorance. I dont even know what nappy means but im guessing it has more to do with unkempt hair then actual hair texture because I know alot of naturals but not one of them has nappy hair. Now my mom on the other hair will wear her hair in the same ponytail for four weeks straight and her hair looks "nappy" when she's actually in the 3a, b, c family.

Comment

Working...
                X