Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAIR HELP FOR HAIR CARE NEWBIE!!!

Hey guys ! (:
    So I'm pretty new to hair care thing. I don't do much to my hair , I use only the dove oil in the pic and TRESemmé shampoo and conditioner.

So I wanted to know more products to help take care of my hair. I straighten my hair when i'm in a rush , or when its a hot day but I want to stop with straightening and take more care of my hair. The salons and shops from where i'm from don't have much good options so im looking for products that I can buy online and hopefully ships to Australia :P
    my more trouble part is the lower end of my hair, its waist length.

So what oils , shampoo's , conditioners , co-wash etc are you favourites at the moment ?
    What do you put on your hair also to maintain frizz during the warmer months ?

Also a friend of mine told me there are products that don't require heat that can make your curls look better
    What are they called ?!?!

I started with tresseme...tried other products and have went back to tresseme...to me tresseme is the best

Comment

• nfy95
      nfy95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats great to hear
      I really like tresseme and it smells so nice too !!
      ---

Yes!!! Its a great line

Comment

Wait. I have to say it. Your hair is waist length and you don't think you know how to care for it? I'm trying to get to that length!

Okay, so what is it you think you're missing because you must be doing something right. I may need some tips from you.

Comment

• nfy95
        nfy95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol I mean actual natural hair care products lol as I have no idea of any good ones other than dove oil and shampoo/ condition
        I wanted to know what others use such as hair masks , mouses , sprays (:
        to look after hair frizz and all , so i can stop with the heat by straightening during warmer weathers.

Lol it's always that length curls are more looser so it appears long :P
        ---

Im trying to find a good hair mask as well

Comment

Let me know if you do please !
        at the moment looking through the website naturallycurly for their products also !

Comment

I just looked at naturally curly as well...some of their prices are ridiculous

Comment

One of the masks cost $72

Comment

Wow really :O
              I thought i saw a couple of ones under $30

Comment

There may have been but I didnt look that long after i saw 72 lol

Comment

I am thrifty, so my hair products don't cost much. But everything I use works well for me. I think I'm splurging because I pay $5 for my Aussie Moist (large bottle and totally worth it!). I like hair mayonnaise (I think it's Africa's Best, definitely not ORS) mixed with honey, ORS Olive Oil Deep Conditioner (some slip and, well it just works well), Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, Palmer's Coconut Milk Protein treatment ( I wish it came in a bottle) and good old V05 Moisture Milk conditioner (great slip, great for a co-wash) and some oil under or on top of my conditioner (if I decide to include oil). I have an issue, I love conditioners!

I swear by my Cantu Shea Butter leave-in, it is my staple leave-in. Be careful about trying too much stuff as what works for one may not work for everyone. Take it slow.

I hear hair serum helps with frizz. I own some, but never use it.

Comment

• nfy95
                    nfy95 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks !! I'm looking into them now !

I was getting hyped though Aussie was an Aussie brand haha :P
                    ---

A hair mask that I am currently loving is the SheaMoisture SuperFruit Hair Mask. Here is my review of the product:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transitioned for 1 year and 17 days (11/2011 - 12/2012)
                  Big Chopped on 11/17/2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  My full regimen: http://discoveringnatural.blogspot.com/p/my-hair-regimen.html

Blog: http://discoveringnatural.com

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/DiscoveringNatural

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscoveringNatural

Follow me on Twitter @ DiscoveringNatural

and on Instagram: http://instagram.com/DiscoveringNatural

Comment

• nfy95
                    nfy95 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Sawah !! loving your youtube page
                    ---

I think i will give the aussie 3 minute miracle a try