Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
What's the best box color brand you've used with great results? (color, moisture etc) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best box color brand you've used with great results? (color, moisture etc)

​Hey guys, I was wondering what are the best box colors you guys have used and got amazing results? I'm currently transitioning to natural and I have been for about 6 months now. My hair dresser said my hair is nice and healthy and I have no damage so it's okay to color it. I've had color in the past which was Dark & Lovely Auburn color when my hair was fully relaxed and it barely showed on my hair. I wanted to do like a copper color and I read the dark and lovely radiant copper reviews and it didn't come out on their hair as well. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Breeash22; 04-05-2014, 03:15 PM.

Great question and I'd also like to know the answer. I've tried twice in the past two weeks to color my TWA with a box color. Both times the results were less than I had hoped for. The first time I used an auburn color from Silk Elements and the second attempt I used Dark and Lovely Red Hot Rhythm. The color shows up on my roots but not through my curls. When I was relaxed I never had issues with color showing up on my hair. Is this something particular to naturals?

Comment

revlon colorsilk, the original. its around $3 and you can find it pretty much anywhere and its ammonia free. just remember to get a couple of shades lighter than you are trying to achieve. otherwise what i really suggest is going to sallys or local beauty supply store and buying professional hair color.

Comment

I use the textures and tones. It doesnt alter my curl pattern. Sent from my SPH-D710BST using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I've never used hair color, but I've heard that the shea moisture system is good.
          "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"- Eleanor Roosevelt

Last Relaxer: January 12th, 2013
          Big Chop: April 12th, 2014

Comment

Clairol textures and tones..cherrywood [IMG]/filedata/fetch?filedataid=97185[/IMG]

Comment

I ended up buying creme of nature light caramel brown and I LOVE the color. It didn't come out like it was on the box but it colored my hair all over add got it a nice sandy brown and it looks sooo natural I love it! Oh and I recently did the big chop

Comment

I love using the LUSH color bars. I guess that it's a process similar to Henna.
                Transitioning to a new me!
                Last Relaxer: January 17th, 2014

Comment

I love using clairol natural instincts in natural black. It's semi permanent so it's less damaging and leaves my hair very moisturized, shiny and full of body.

Comment

I myself got fed up with the Shea Moisture system never being available to me so one day I was in target and finally just walked down the dye aisle picked up some decent looking boxes, no ammonia in it or anything and whipped out my phone checked some reviews and ended up thoroughly pleased with the Garnier Olia brand. I had amazing color and my already dry 4C hair was surprisingly not any worse off than when I started,I would definitely recommend them to anybody else especially fellow naturals that like me have no intentions on bleaching their hair

Comment

I bought Shea Moisture from Target and am planning to color it this evening. This will be my first time using SM brand...I go with soft black because of my stubborn gray. Any advice?

Comment

I've been wanting to dye my hair as well but the brands that have been mentioned only carry natural hair colors. Does anyone know any brands that are good for unnatural hair colors? I've been wanting to do a dark purple.

Comment

I've used the Dark and Lovely coloring system and its worked well for me. The first time I colored my hair I did a burgundy color and this time around I did a Honey Blonde color. Both turned out a little different than the box, but was still nice and close enough to what I wanted.

Comment

Have you heard of manic panic? They have awesome unnatural colour and you can check their instagram with tons of pics of people that used their dyes! Just Google manic panic Sent from my GT-I8190 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Manic Panic dyes are not permanent, so they work better on hair that's already lightened.

Comment

Working...
                              X