X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inversion Method Challenge 2014 ✔

Hey natural beautiful teens, and adults! I’m here on a challenge to grow 1 inch in 1 week. You are more than welcome to join. The challenge lasts for a week, July 30th, 2014-August 5th, 2014. Here are some instructions you must follow to insure you’re being SAFE growing your hair.
    1. Massage an oil of your choice (that has been warmed in hot water) onto your scalp. Olive oil is recommended, but you can experiment with any oil you have on hand. (I’ll be using wild growth oil)
    2. Do a simple inversion for 4 minutes. (Suggested positions: (i) sitting in a chair or on a couch and lowering your head slightly toward feet as if you are painting your toe nails or (ii) standing at kitchen sink and lowering head as if you are getting ready to wash your hair.)
    3. Let oil sit on scalp for at least two hours. Co-wash to remove excess oil (only if necessary).
    4. Repeat every day for ONLY 7 days (i.e., Wednesday to Tuesday). Try to do it around the same time each time you do it.
    5. Wait at least 3 weeks between each attempt. Otherwise, your body gets used to the extra blood flow, and the method won’t work as well, if at all. Or, at worst, you become susceptible to some dangerous health risks. So, only attempt to do this over seven consecutive days once per month. No more!
    6. Document your starting length by measuring your hair from the side, back, and front/crown of your head. You won’t know about your fabulous results unless you measure first! Enjoy your new growth!
    Xoxo, Ices

Yes totally joining this!

Comment

I can feel my scalp tingling, it makes me happy lol

Comment

Does it help to take like biotin or something before you do it? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• jolieicess
          jolieicess commented
          Editing a comment
          you can take biotin if you'd like, I'm taking my regular multivitamins this whole week so yeah
          ---

I normally massage my scalp several times a week with oil anyways so I'll add hanging upside down to see if it makes a difference. I won't be heating the oil with anything vet my warm hands, tho. No need to measure before, I just did my roots so there is a clear line of demarcation.
        My regimen consists of:
        I shampoo or co-wash twice a week. Deep condition weekly. I'm planning to do protective styles 80% of the time until the end of the year. I take a daily multivitamin, a joint supplement plus additional MSM (for arthritis), and Biotin. I workout 5-6 days a week. I eat healthy most of the time ;-)
        DivaWorld blog @ TrueLifeDiva.wordpress.com *Last relaxer June 2011, fully relaxer free June 2013 *Hair type 3C, color treated, fine strands

Comment

• jolieicess
          jolieicess commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! Look at you But it's okay, I don't heat up the oil all the time. I hope you see results by doing the inversion method
          ---

I started doing this on Wed. too. I use my lavender and grape seed oil mixture. I like how soft my hair is beginning to feel. I also take MSM, and other vitamins to support my hair and body in general.
        come celebrate
        with me that everyday
        something has tried to kill me
        and has failed
        ~Lucille Clifton

Comment

I'm so sick of this challenge lol, I do the GHE method to help with my growth and my hair STINKS. it smells like sulphur, I can't wait til wednesday morning so I can wash my hair and post my results ð
          Last edited by jolieicess; 08-03-2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

So, it worked, sort of. I started with 4.5 and ended with 5. 1/2 inch in a 7 days not bad.
            come celebrate
            with me that everyday
            something has tried to kill me
            and has failed
            ~Lucille Clifton

Comment

• jolieicess
              jolieicess commented
              Editing a comment
              "sort of"? girl it worked lol you only get 1/2 inch of growth in a month you just got that amount in a week.
              ---

Does this method give you a headache

Comment

• jolieicess
              jolieicess commented
              Editing a comment
              if you start to feel dizzy or sick or just don't feel right, just slowly rise out of the position but no, I don't get headaches and if you do, I don't think you should continue this method.
              ---

I wanted to try this method in a few weeks because I have seen so many videos showing the positive results! An inch in a week is incredible. Did it work for you guys? I know I 'm really late but if you still have the photos, can you post the comparisons?

Comment

• PoeticCurls
              PoeticCurls commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have pic's. As, I said at the time, I felt that it sort of worked for me. There was some growth! However, it wasn't what was promised. Hair is always growing and sometimes grows faster than at other times. When I had my eight week trim my stylist noticed that my hair had grown, but I didn't do the challenge the next eight weeks and we still noticed a lot of growth.
              Last edited by PoeticCurls; 07-02-2015, 04:13 PM.
              ---

Poetic! 1/2 inch in a week is awesome!

I didn't try the challenge. It would just send me back to my barber sooner.
            Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Working...
            X