Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up more Moisture Milk. Since I accidentally used shampoo a few days ago and today is my shampoo day, I will just co-wash and deep condition until I'm back on schedule. I was thinking about cutting my shampoo down to every other week any way, so maybe I'll start that and just co-wash on my next wash day anyway (along with the DC).

I've been using my shea butter. I had been using my shea butter mix and then adding oil, but I've cut back on that since there are oils in my shea butter mix. Therefore, I barely touched my oil mix this week. I'm figuring it out as I go.

Comment

Were you shampooing weekly? What made you decide to do it bi-weekly? I'm shampooing every other week too but I keep wondering about doing it weekly. I water dilute my poo a lot before using too (maybe 1/4th an ounce on 8oz water) so I may try it and see how the scalp feels.
      Last perm: April 2, 2012 Long-Term Transitioning
      Wiry texture Coarse strands Normal porosity Normal elasticity High density

Rhassoul clay Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
      Komaza Califia Moisturizing Cream Oils Hydrolyzed protein
      Yes to Carrots Shampoo

Comment

Originally posted by Tania View Post
        Were you shampooing weekly? What made you decide to do it bi-weekly? I'm shampooing every other week too but I keep wondering about doing it weekly. I water dilute my poo a lot before using too (maybe 1/4th an ounce on 8oz water) so I may try it and see how the scalp feels.
        I was mostly co-washing up until around February this year, but I decided I could try shampooing as long as I diluted it just because I wanted to see if it would make a difference or not one way or the other with my hair's feel and progress.

So shampooing weekly has been okay, but I keep mixing it up (I'm documenting in my hair journal so I know what I did) to see if there are some best practices that will work best for my hair.

Since it's getting warmer, I will co-wash more often (a few times a week) which means my head will stay cleaner in between the shampoos. So I think with the increase in how often I'm cleaning my head and hair, I can cut back on how often I use the shampoo.

I'm also thinking that since I will be running conditioner through my hair more often, I will keep the DCs to 'shampoo day' too. I will never cut out DCing, but I don't know if every week is truly necessary. But I would be afraid to go more than two weeks without it.

Comment

My husband keeps cracking me up. He can't stand that I tuck my hair in. He keeps telling me that I should pick my hair out into a 'fro or at the very least just let it hang. He says it looks more natural that way.

Huh?!

I'm not sure why his version of 'natural' means just letting my hair hang out, but I find it quite amusing.

Comment

Experimenting with a wash and go

Today I decided to be brave and experiment with a wash and go again. I haven't worn that since January. I stopped for two reasons: I wasn't sure if protecting my ends would be better than having loose hair and I was tired of detangling issues.

Having looked at how some others have been able to find an easier way to detangle, I am hoping I can use what I have learned and detangle well tomorrow on my wash day.

I'll update tomorrow after I see how it goes.

Comment

So, after wearing my wash and go Saturday, I did spritz it and put into chunky twists just to keep it from bunching up and to keep it stretched out. So the next day, I washing and detangling went fine. I did notice the tangles were further down (when it's kept in my roll and tuck styles, the hair can't tangle anywhere near the root), but still, easy to remove.

So, I guess a few things helped with this. First, when I used to do wash and go, I washed my hair all loose and willy nilly. Now I wash in sections. Then, after I'm done adding my leave-ins, I leave the clips on for a little while. While my hair doesn't really dry much, I think it may help because it dries some. I also think that putting in the chunky twists, instead of just putting on my scarf and letting it all get mixed together, really made a difference.

I'm still going to tuck my ends 95% of the time to help with retention, but at least I no longer have to be scared to wear a wash and go when I feel like letting it all hang loose.

YAY!

Comment

I can't wait until I can do wash and go...I'm anxious to find out if my hair tangles or behaves in a WnG. It behaves really nicely in braidouts, I can sleep without a scarf every day and it still won't tangle. It doesn't like hair ties of any kind though. Last night I put half of it up in a bun for like 3 hours and it took me some 5 minutes to get the tie out, the hair wraps itself so much around the tie. I even bought the silicone ones (without any kind of metal or glue) and I'm so careful when separating the bun part and tying around the hair but still. I guess I'll stick to clipping the hair instead of tying it. :/

I've no idea how washing hair loose works for anyone without a TWA...I follow a few Youtubers that do that and I'm always like lol. Any pics of the WnG?

Yes to Carrots Shampoo

Comment

Some people just have hair that doesn't tangle or tangle much. My daughter has hair like that. Of course, hair hair is actually wavy and not curly, so maybe that example doesn't count.

Comment

I just bought two new items to use: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner and Neutrogenas Cleansing cream shampoo. I can hardly wait to use them, but I will have to do so. Today I used HEHH Moisturizing shampoo again, but use a coconut protein conditioner that I have not used in I don't know how long. So I am waiting to use the products so I can use them separately. If something goes wrong, I want to know which one caused the issue so I can dump it.

I am so hoping they both are good, although I don't want to turn into a product junkie. Which I'm probably not in real danger of since I'm so cheap anyway. Yes, I still like V05 Moisture Milk Milk as my staple co-wash conditioner.

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Comment

I hope it works out well for you. I used Herbal Essence Hello Hydration one time and my nose, strangely went numb. I quickly got rid of it, lol. That was a while back though. I now just use an Ayurvedic soap from India.
                      (Shaved -Twa- Ear - SL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - TBL)
                      Shaved head August 15, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by HairBear View Post
                        I hope it works out well for you. I used Herbal Essence Hello Hydration one time and my nose, strangely went numb. I quickly got rid of it, lol. That was a while back though. I now just use an Ayurvedic soap from India.
                        Thank you.

That is so weird that your nose went numb. I wonder what's in it that made it react that way. Does an Ayurvedic soap help with hydration

Comment

Originally posted by FoundMyCurls View Post
                          Thank you.

That is so weird that your nose went numb. I wonder what's in it that made it react that way. Does an Ayurvedic soap help with hydration
                          No problem. It is. I wonder what made it do that. I have bad allergies so it's probably due to an allergic reaction. Same goes with any conditioner. I avoid it.

Yes, it does. It doesn't strip your hair of natural oils. And it leaves a cooling sensation.

Ingredients:

Coconut Oil : it nourishes, moisturizes and lightens your skin tan.
                          Wild Ginger : soothes the skin and helps prevent infections and rashes.
                          Lime Peel Oil : for a refreshing cooling effect and rich,
                          penetrating lather with an astringent action.
                          Hydnocarpus Oil : helps prevent skin problems, rashes and outbreaks.
                          Orange Oil : tightens pores, helps prevent pimples and blackheads.
                          Sandalwood Oil : to cool, refresh and gently perfume your skin.
                          Patchouli Oil: oily skin, dandruff, anti-inflammatory.

It's for problem skin like eczema, acne, rashes, oily skin and dandruff.

When I wash with it, it makes a thick lather. I end up with shiny hair without it weighing down or making it greasy. The scent is strong and will radiate in the entire bathroom. I like it because it has an earthy smell to it. Some people complain about the smell. To me it smells like wet trees and wood. If that makes sense, lol.

(Shaved -Twa- Ear - SL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - TBL)
                          Shaved head August 15, 2014

Comment

One hears a lot about that HEHH condish...will you use it as a cowash or rinse-out/detangler?

I've been using the same stuff for over 6 months (recently added a shampoo) but some of my products are pricey. I'm moving back to the states for a few months and I'm so excited to finally find cheaper stuff on the ground! At the same time...my pricey crap is working out lovely. :/ I guess we'll see what happens...let us know how the condish and poo work out!

Yes to Carrots Shampoo

Comment

I use hello hydration as a detangler like it makes finger detangling a breeze. No lie its the bet thing I've ever used as far as detangling. I hear the new HE honey I'm strong is even better... Which is hard for me to believe. I have a huge pump bottle of hello hydration but when it runs I'm trying honey I'm strong

Comment

Originally posted by Tania View Post
                                One hears a lot about that HEHH condish...will you use it as a cowash or rinse-out/detangler?

I've been using the same stuff for over 6 months (recently added a shampoo) but some of my products are pricey. I'm moving back to the states for a few months and I'm so excited to finally find cheaper stuff on the ground! At the same time...my pricey crap is working out lovely. :/ I guess we'll see what happens...let us know how the condish and poo work out!
                                I am planning to use it as a co-wash. However, once I try it, I will be able to see if it would work as a detangler and for moisture after protein conditioning.

My protein conditioner went well this week, so I can try the HEHH conditioner later this week or a co-wash. I'll post my thoughts on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X