X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locs & the Huetiful Steamer Review!

I had the steamer for a year now & used it on my natural loose hair....love it! Now tht I hve locs I was curious as to how my hair would react or if using the steamer would make a difference at all.

I was due for another coloring as well so this was a two-step process...i used Bigen (liquid) Semi-Hair Color, Jet blck...it has honey, beeswax, sunflower, along w/several other goodies! I found the liquid Bigen to be easier to apply as opposed to the powder form.

step 1: Okay, so I wet my hair & applied the color. After making sure my hair was fully saturated w/the product I placed a plastic cap on my head! Please note tht whn applying the color, apply it to the roots in a circular motion so tht it is evenly distributed! Apply it it the locs from root to ends in sections!

step 2: After applying the color I sat under the steamer for about 20 min & I had the same results from whn I used it on my natural loose hair!

results: hair was extremely soft, moisturized, and didnt jeopardize my loc in any shape or form!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App
    "Be you...be true to you, whether society approves or not!"

As you can see in the pics below, the color set in very well, I can partially contribute tht to the use of the steamer!

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Question for ya. I been wanting to dye my grays black but my lotician said I had to wait a year to get color. But I'm starting to think she must have thought I was talking about "Loud "color since I didn't specify and I see people coloring their hair before their first year. Now I have colored my own hair before but this will be the first time with my locs so how did you go about process did u applied the same as you would on your loose hair? Help a sister out.

Comment

Never used it before but Chescaleigh from YT says its her favorite thing for her locs.

Sent from my📱
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by predestined010 View Post
          Hi Question for ya. I been wanting to dye my grays black but my lotician said I had to wait a year to get color. But I'm starting to think she must have thought I was talking about "Loud "color since I didn't specify and I see people coloring their hair before their first year. Now I have colored my own hair before but this will be the first time with my locs so how did you go about process did u applied the same as you would on your loose hair? Help a sister out.

Hi predestined....i love tht name...yes, I applied the color just as I would loose hair. I made certain I was very careful so tht the loc wouldnt unravel, etc...so I applied the color & moved my fingers in a circular motion as if I was shampooing the scalp, only the scalp. Then I put the black on the remainder part of the locs in sections. Maybe your loctician thought you were thinking of a loud color as you stated, see what she says about the black though. Ever since I started my locs I been applying my own color & I just go to my loctician for her to wash it out & retwist my locs.

Hope this helps...you shouldnt hve to wait tht long though. Most locticians say tht to avoid any interruptions or mishaps in your hairs ability to loc. Anything is possible but its all in how you apply these products so tht it wont interfere with your hair's loc'ing process.

Comment

awwww thanks ... Thank you so much girl... I will be buying my texture and tones tomorrow although Im just trying to cover my grays around the crown so that shouldn't be too much of hassle. I will follow your advice and see what happens. When you say you go to your loctian to wash it out... you mean wash it throughly? also how do you post pics up in here? Thanks in advance.

Comment

awwww thanks ... Thank you so much girl... I will be buying my texture and tones tomorrow although Im just trying to cover my grays around the crown so that shouldn't be too much of hassle. I will follow your advice and see what happens. When you say you go to your loctian to wash it out... you mean wash it throughly? also how do you post pics up in here? Thanks in advance.

you're welcome...yeah tht shouldnt be too difficult for you since you're only touching up the edges...yes, whn I go to my loctician she washes it out thoroughly, add in a few extra washes to make sure my scalp is clean & she retwists. I alwys add my color about two hours before I go to her tht way she can do all the hard work.lol....and tht way I won't jeopardize the loc'ing pattern of my locs.

Oh, as far as posting pics....whn you reply to a post...their will be a button option tht says More, right next to the Submit button. Click on More & you'll see the options for uploading pics.

Let us know how everything turns out

Comment

testing 1, 2.. checka....Eureka it works thanks sea of waves I'll post my retwist and color pics next week so excited
                Attached Files
                Last edited by predestined010; 01-20-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

testing 1, 2.. checka....Eureka it works thanks sea of waves I'll post my retwist and color pics next week so excited

lol...aww, you're welcome! They look great!!!...and the color took very well! I'll be on the look out for the pics

Comment

Thanks... But I havent't retwisted yet... woooo child what they look like now... thats some else like ms tamar braxton would say hotmess.com... She is going to have to work some magic over these loc babies come wednesday heck she might want to start all over lmbo... but I will post them

Comment

Thanks... But I havent't retwisted yet... woooo child what they look like now... thats some else like ms tamar braxton would say hotmess.com... She is going to have to work some magic over these loc babies come wednesday heck she might want to start all over lmbo... but I will post them
                      Lol...you are hilarious.lol...i'll be on the look out for the pics

Comment

Working...
                      X