X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Down....

It has been 7 years of locked goodness, and it is time for me to embrace my curls again. I locked in the first place for many reasons, and for the same number of reasons, I know that it is time to move into a new era of natural appreciation. I began by cutting 4+ inches all around, and next month will start the slow, cathartic process of gently detangling my locks so that I can once again re-learn what fabulous my tiny curls have in store as I embrace this new decade (I just turned 40). Not interested in cutting or shaving to free my hair, it took time to lock, and it will take time to detangle...
    Anyone ever taken down locks? Share your experience!

I haven't had locs before, but this lady has and took them out. The comments below the post have some tips, too.

It looks like lots of conditioner and oils to help with detangling. All the best to you for next month!

Comment

July 26th was the day that I took down my last loc. I had them for 11 years and it took me about 4 months to do it.

Comment

I recently took down my locs. I had them for 3 years and they were a little past my shoulders. I had about 160 locs and it took me a month to take them down. I would say start on the perimeter of your head. At the end I was so tired I cut 10 out and I was glad it was in my crown area so I could afford to lose those. I also saw a tip to use a dental pick to help comb them out. That made it a little easier (with conditioner of course).

Comment

Working...
        X