Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone making DIY 100% natural shampoo& conditioner???

I'm thinking about making my own shampoo at home with all organic products. Anyone looking to do the same I am willing to experiment so if you are up for it, We can make it a challenge to experiment together. And if you already have/have been making your own shampoo and conditioner at home feel free to share pleaseeeee! thank you!

• shinning_like_me
    replied
    So here is my version of How to Make Natural Shampoo:

Combine all ingredients in an old shampoo bottle or jar of some kind (pump soap dispensers and even foaming dispensers work well for this. If you use a foaming dispenser, add 1/4 cup of distilled water)
    Shake well to mix.
    Keep in shower for up to a month.
    Shake before each use.
    Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo.
    If you use a foaming dispenser, it also makes a great shaving cream- just dilute with 1/4 cup distilled water!

Leave a comment:

• shinning_like_me
    replied
    Coconut Milk Shampoo

So here is my version of

Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo:
    1/4 cup coconut milk (Like I said, you can either make your own, or use store-bought)
    1/3 cup liquid castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s)
    1 tsp vitamin E, olive or almond oil
    10 to 20 drops your choice of essential oils (I used lavender. Next time I think I’ll do something citrusy just for fun. :-)

Combine all ingredients in a shampoo bottle or jar and shake well to mix. (I bought the squeeze bottles above at the dollar store.) You can keep it in the shower for up to one month…just shake before use.
    Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo. (I used a little more, but my hair is pretty long right now!)
    I loved pretty much everything about this shampoo. It smelled good…it lathered up nicely (which I feel strongly about)…and after washing, rinsing and drying…my hair felt soft and smooth. No fly-aways.

Leave a comment:

• AnnaFequiere
    replied
    Lainey68 mind sending me a sample ? if i like it i will buy from you directly

Leave a comment:

• GoddessC
    replied
    I make a "mud" wash with benonite clay. My hair has done a major turn around for the better since using it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• lainey68
    replied
    I make my own shampoo and conditioner. I started out making my own soap due to severe reactions I was having to commercial products. It naturally led me into making shampoo.

Yes, the initial outlay is expensive, but the ingredients last me a good ling while. I refuse to pay $12 for shampoo I can make myself for pennies on the dollar. If you want to learn how, there are tons of resources. I think if you want to make your own, do it. Just because a product is organic does not mean it will work for you. I really cannot use any commercial products--organic or not. I have a lot of sensitivities.

It really is not that time consuming and better still, it is a lot of fun. I am preparing to start selling my stuff. Don't let anyone dissuade you before you try. If you try and find it's not for you, no harm, no foul. You can always sell supplies you don't use, and believe me, there is a huge market for it. The main reason for making your own products is that YOU control what goes into your product. One size does not fit all. You might have to experiment, but your hair will thank you when you find what's right for it. I say step out there--you never know where the path may lead you.

Good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• AnnaFequiere
    replied
    Im looking for a good conditioner. any ideas ? i just ran out

Leave a comment:

• MrsTriniD214
    replied
    Rhassoul clay has amazing conditioning properties. I use bentonite clay as a cleanser. "mud washes" are great, I haven't had the need to follow up with any additional products after using them. They leave the hair clean, soft, easily to detangle, moisturized and defined much better than any products I've bought.

Leave a comment:

• AnnaFequiere
    replied
    Ahh okay thank you so much (: im just really upset that the one sulfate free shampoo and condish i have give me headaches so i'll be trying these out and hopefully it works for me (:

Leave a comment:

• Hairlikebutta
    replied
    I think you can get the clay from butter n bars online and acv is apple cider vinegar found in any health shop

Leave a comment:

• AnnaFequiere
    replied
    Sounds good. Now where can I get Clay and also what is acv

Sent from my PantechP9070 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• ALizTube
    replied
    I use clays: African purification mask (Shea m) or Bentonite clay mix to wash my hair/scalp
    OR I use one cup bicarbonate soda and two cups distilled water to cleanse my hair. I would use any of these once a month to remove buildup

I buy natural conditioners and each time I wash my hair I use it to dc but not alone. In order to make it go further I do: 2spoons of conditioner, 1spoon of honey and 1spoon of acv (undiluted)

I usually use the bicarbonate mix as my cleanser and mix up my own conditioner. I'm not sure if this helps. I've tried looking into making my own but the effort of it was too much.. I just use what I have and make it better xx

Leave a comment:

• AnnaFequiere
    replied
    Thank you so much. This will definitely be a good guide for me. If I can't get this stuff around I'll order online. (: I'm excited to try this. Also I randomly noticed that my hair randomly would feel dry but at the same time feels like glue and very not sticky but feels weird and awkward like the hair is not absorbing or keeping it's moisture. What do I do Dx

Sent from my PantechP9070 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• Hairlikebutta
    replied
    And if you're looking for 100% natural shampoo and conditioner here are some brands that are reliable

Acure organics
    John masters organics
    Aubrey's organics
    Intelligent nutrients
    Dudu osun/ black soap
    Dr bronners
    Giovanni
    Yes to carrots (not sure about this one, think there's a cone in one of the conditioners)
    Bubble and bee
    Green people
    And so many more (I'm not in the US so not entirely sure what brands you have)

Look into shampoo bars, most of them tend to be 100%natural and don't strip the hair.

Also natural cleansers, aloe vera juice, baking soda, apple cider vinegar.

None of these brands are targeted at kinky/coily hair but they are STILL amazing for our type of hair, and the great thing is that most of them do samples so you don't have to buy a whole product that may not work for your hair.
    They aren't drugstore prices but they are ideal if you're going down the green product line.

And a word of caution 100% natural doesn't automatically = more moisturising..black soap for example strips my hair just as badly as a sls shampoo so I avoid it,but a lot of other naturals love it for their hair.

You need to work out what ingredients your hair loves.

Leave a comment:

• Hairlikebutta
    replied
    Originally posted by AnnaFequiere View Post
    To answer all your questions, i wanted to do the 100 % all natural DIY shampoo and conditioner because it seems like alot of products falsely advertise about their all natural ingredients when really even the first three ingredients are nowhere near natural. also i need EXTREME conditioning cuz i just trimmed my TWA cuz even tho i spritz my hair doesnt stay moisturized. it did for a while and i started using jojoba oil and it works for the scalp just not the hair and i kinda notice the shampoo im using is giving me headaches. If you girls wouldnt mind just telling me where i can find that clay stuff or 100% nastural products to just cleanse the hair and scalp i dont even care if its shampoo or not i just want moisturized hair. i have 100% organic greek yogurt. can i use that ?
    I completely understand your reasoning but it still seems like a lot of effort...To save you the hassle of buying the clay and mixing yourself,you could just buy the terresentials mud wash, its 100% natural and organic and it both cleanses and conditions the hair - no need for shampoo no need for conditioner. I was using it before together with my acv but since I live in the UK I can only get it when someone I know is flying over.

Website http://www.terressentials.com/

It is pricey though but, but for a natural and organic product expect to pay more + a little goes a long way

In terms of the dryness you've recently bc'd!!!!!!!!! So your hair will have a tendency to be dry, this is nothing to worry about you've just got to get it under control. T
    his won't happen overnight, maybe not even in a week.

One thing you can do is baggy overnight - sleep with a shower cap or plastic bag over the hair. Its helps force moisture into the strands. Do this maybe three times a week + dc.

I would be cautious when using the Greek yogurt because it is a protein deep conditioner and dry hair+protein doesn't always turn out well & you maybe protein sensitive which might lead to more breakage. Try incorporating it later when you've got your moisture under control, or better do a strand test to see if your curls can handle it.

If you really want to try some other dc's other than the one I recommended, check out this website:

http://hairandhealth.blogspot.co.uk/...nditioners?m=1

But I still say simple is best, honey olive oil and a conditioner if your choice, dc oncee a week and you're good to go

Leave a comment:

Working...
X