Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make my own shampoo and conditioner. I started out making my own soap due to severe reactions I was having to commercial products. It naturally led me into making shampoo.

Yes, the initial outlay is expensive, but the ingredients last me a good ling while. I refuse to pay $12 for shampoo I can make myself for pennies on the dollar. If you want to learn how, there are tons of resources. I think if you want to make your own, do it. Just because a product is organic does not mean it will work for you. I really cannot use any commercial products--organic or not. I have a lot of sensitivities.

It really is not that time consuming and better still, it is a lot of fun. I am preparing to start selling my stuff. Don't let anyone dissuade you before you try. If you try and find it's not for you, no harm, no foul. You can always sell supplies you don't use, and believe me, there is a huge market for it. The main reason for making your own products is that YOU control what goes into your product. One size does not fit all. You might have to experiment, but your hair will thank you when you find what's right for it. I say step out there--you never know where the path may lead you.

Good luck to you.

Comment

I make a "mud" wash with benonite clay. My hair has done a major turn around for the better since using it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlyNikki App
      Goddess C

Comment

Lainey68 mind sending me a sample ? if i like it i will buy from you directly

Comment

Coconut Milk Shampoo

So here is my version of

Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo:
          1/4 cup coconut milk (Like I said, you can either make your own, or use store-bought)
          1/3 cup liquid castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s)
          1 tsp vitamin E, olive or almond oil
          10 to 20 drops your choice of essential oils (I used lavender. Next time I think I’ll do something citrusy just for fun. :-)

Combine all ingredients in a shampoo bottle or jar and shake well to mix. (I bought the squeeze bottles above at the dollar store.) You can keep it in the shower for up to one month…just shake before use.
          Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo. (I used a little more, but my hair is pretty long right now!)
          I loved pretty much everything about this shampoo. It smelled good…it lathered up nicely (which I feel strongly about)…and after washing, rinsing and drying…my hair felt soft and smooth. No fly-aways.

Comment

So here is my version of How to Make Natural Shampoo:

Combine all ingredients in an old shampoo bottle or jar of some kind (pump soap dispensers and even foaming dispensers work well for this. If you use a foaming dispenser, add 1/4 cup of distilled water)
            Shake well to mix.
            Keep in shower for up to a month.
            Shake before each use.
            Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo.
            If you use a foaming dispenser, it also makes a great shaving cream- just dilute with 1/4 cup distilled water!

Comment

Working...
            X