X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisturizing the scalp!

Alright so i do moisturize my ends with a spritz and im not sure if my scalp needs something different. Any suggestions ?

i would say only put something on your scalp if you're experiencing some itchiness or flaking and if so an oil like castor oil or coconut oil but don't put any heavy moisturizers on your scalp because you don't wanna clog your pores and slow down growth
    "I will not be triumphed over."
    instagram: we_soldier_on

Comment

how does olive oil sound ? i tried it last night and it doesnt feel heavy. i also used some shea butter to seal it.

Comment

Olive oil sounds good! but don't put Shea butter on top of it on your scalp just seal your hair

Comment

i dont put shea butter on the scalp i put it on my hair and then spritz it .

Comment

Oh ok that sounds perfect then, I love Shea butter on my hair

Comment

So i noticed a few DAYS later that the olive oil gives me dandruff. D: any reviews on Dax hair pomade ?

Comment

I'd try a sprtiz of aloe vera juice, tea tree essential oil and peppermint essential oil to moisturize your scalp.

I'd never put oils or butters on my scalp 'cause that leads to dandruff.
                Last edited by Fronomenal; 03-10-2013, 06:19 PM.
                Big Chop: 12/15/08

Detangle: Nature's Gate Hemp Nourishing Conditioner

Cleanse: SM Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Deep Condition: SM Purification Masque
                Leave-In Condition: Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner

Moisturize: SM Curl & Style Milk, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie
                Oils/Butters: Parachute Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Njoi Creations Ayurvedic Hair Butter
                Gels: Alba Botanica Strong Hold Style Gel, Eco Styler Krystal Gel

~ iHerb Discount Code: EFE310 ~

Comment

yea i noticed that too. i tried the baking soda treatment last night (: loved it

Comment

I actually use jojoba oil with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil for my scalp. I put it in an applicator bottle and apply it as needed.

I remember reading that jojoba oil is closest to mimicking the oil produced by the scalp (and it's light), so it is best to use that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I use peppermint oil and jojoba oil on my scalp. It takes away the itch and when my hair smells (when it is straight) , it removes the odor. Love it!

Comment

Lol i hear alot about jojoba oil i wanna use it but when i started my journey i literally got soo many products that i cant get anymore until i get rid of these. once i do i deff will.

Comment

Working...
                        X