X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caramel Treatment

i got this off the Curly Nikki site&&it was an awesome way for me to help add moisture to my hair..it left my hair super soft &&extra defined.. it also stretched my curls a tad bit..although this was not part of my initial expectations.. but overall I was extremely pleased with this treatment &&will be using it again!!

Caramel Treatment
    * 1/4 cup of honey
    * 3 jars of banana baby food (it is important to use this as pureed bananas can be very hard to wash out…trust me)
    * 1/4 cup of Blackstrap molasses
    * 1/4 cup of olive oil (or any other oil of your choice)
    * 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
    * An applicator brushMix all of the ingredients in a bowl or use a mixer to speed it up. Using an applicator brush, apply the mixture to damp hair in sections just like you would a relaxer. Ensure that you do not manipulate your hair as the mixture is thick and trying to comb out your hair with it in can cause damage. *Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave the treatment in for 30 minutes or overnight for the full effect. Afterwards, rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water*and use a sulfate free shampoo and moisturizing conditioner to ensure that you have all of it out of your hair. Make sure you refrigerate any left-overs to save for next time.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlyNikki App
    Attached Files

do you know what the apple cider vinegar does to your hair? ive heard that before and was on the fence
    "I will not be triumphed over."
    instagram: we_soldier_on

Comment

Originally posted by curly_whirly View Post
      do you know what the apple cider vinegar does to your hair? ive heard that before and was on the fence
      our hair in it's natural state is acidic &&so apple cider vinegar helps to add the acidity back to our hair to help our curls keep their springyness &&bouncyness (:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
      X