X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Shea Butter Goes Bad

I was doing some reading on the different types of shea butter (east vs. west) and came across a video explaining how to tell if your shea butter (SB) has gone bad. This isn't something I hear very much of, so I was very intrigued. Usually, it's the DIY SB recipes you see on youtube or how women use it in their hair.

This vlogger had yellow SB and noticed white spots and areas in the container. It turned out to be signs of mold and decay. Ew! Also, she said that the smell changed. She also gives a few tips on how to help keep SB fresh. She has done her research, so she's not just making this video from her opinions.

Interestingly enough, there is such an organization called the American Shea Butter Institute (located on Atlanta, GA), which she communicated with to help with her research. Didn't know it existed. I'm assuming that they are a for-profit group because they don't have a ".org" website. Their online library does have a few links that seem interesting. http://www.sheainstitute.com/asbi-library/

Thanks for sharing! I never would have thought this possible.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"- Eleanor Roosevelt

Last Relaxer: January 12th, 2013
    Big Chop: April 12th, 2014

Comment

Wow! I bought a 5lb block of white shea butter a year ago.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Funny, instinct made me always keep mine in the refrigerator and I only make small batches of my shea & jojobaoil body butter.

Comment

The video is very good it's really nice about hair caring the information about it are very useful ...
          Best Hair Transplant Islamabad in Pakistan| FUE Hair Transplant in Peshawar Pakistan

Comment

Working...
          X