Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Nupur Henna treatment (at home) BEFORE Permanent color at salon in 3 weeks Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nupur Henna treatment (at home) BEFORE Permanent color at salon in 3 weeks

Hi lovely naturals!!

My natural hair color is dark brown and I have been doing Nupur Henna treatments (mostly conditioning) for about 6 months.

I wanted to know if it's okay for me to henna my hair this weekend before I go to the salon to get some permanent highlights to my hair.

I've heard that permanent color won't show up if you henna your hair before (i think it's if you use indigo which I never have). I'm want to go to a light brownish/blonde highlights.

Thanks

Henna is a permanent color. If you want a conditioning treatment, use cassia. Henna will inhibit uptake on the other types of dyes. You'll get blotchy results. If you are going for lighter hair, definitely don't get a henna first. You can use Cassia or Zizzy afterwards for a nearly colorless strengthening treatment. Cassia does impart a yellow dye on very light or white hair. Zizzy is completely colorless. Both cassia and zizzy are temporary treatments.

Check the Hennaforhair forum site for others who have done a salon color over henna. I remember some saying they had to do some natural lightening treatments with raw honey or something to get the henna off their hair so regular dye will take better.
    Last edited by Madeaj; 11-21-2013, 12:14 PM.
    Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
    Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
    Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
    Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
    Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X