Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TemStar
    started a topic Henna Success!

Henna Success!

I tried henna for the first time after doing lots of research, and I loved it!

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1378391_725246364155634_1771410770_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1426707_725246360822301_283634111_n.jpg

I used henna for african hair from mehandi.com, which is henna thats more sifted so it comes out easier for us lol. In my mix I didn't use any lemon. I used chamomile tea that I added minced ginger to, cinnamon, and honey. (I added the honey for moisture retention, and supposedly honey and cinnamon make a natural peroxide, idk if it helped with the color or not). But after 4 hours, I rinsed it and had a nice tint. :3

http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hairhenna.html

• mania
    replied
    The henna is very good speically in the summer if you apply it at your head it's feel you very cool ...

Leave a comment:

• rohi
    replied
    Eastern countries is used for henna tattoo and in various henna tattoo design. It is more known as "Henna" and the art of henna tattooing has been an ancient tradition to the Middle

astern culture . In places like India, Pakistan, Sudan and Egypt it has been a tradition and now a fashion throughout.
    Chiltan Pure provides Lavender Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Avocado oil, Borage oil, Evening primrose oil, Rosehip seed oil, Safflower oil, Grapeseed oil, Sunflower oil, Jojoba oil,Coconut oil, Castor oil, Apricot kernel oil, Sweet almond oil, Tamanu oil, Baobab oil, Bergamot Cedarwood Chamomile Cinnamon Clove Cypress Eucalyptus Ginger Grapefruit Lavender Lemon Lemongrass Lime Myrrh Oregano Peppermint Rose Rosemary Sandalwood Spearmint Sweet Orange Tea Tree (Melaleuca), Clove.Eucalyptus FrankincenseChiltan Pure Provide 100% Pure Oils in Pakistan Argan Oil, Moringa Oil, Coconut Oil, Pomegranate Oil, jojoba oil, Lavender oil, Orange Oil, lemon oil, Almond oil, Apricot oil, TeaTree oil, Neroli Oil, Grapeseed oil, Grapefruit oil, Cedarwood oil, Rosehip oil, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Evening Prim Rose, Neem Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil. Lavender Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Avocado oil, Borage oil, Evening primrose oil, Rosehip seed oil, Safflower oil, Grapeseed oil, Sunflower oil, Jojoba oil,Coconut oil, Castor oil, Apricot kernel oil, Sweet almond oil, Tamanu oil, Baobab oil, Bergamot Cedarwood Chamomile Cinnamon Clove Cypress Eucalyptus Ginger Grapefruit Lavender Lemon Lemongrass Lime Myrrh Oregano Peppermint Rose Rosemary Sandalwood Spearmint Sweet Orange Tea Tree (Melaleuca), Clove.Eucalyptus Frankincense

Leave a comment:

• Vita6875
    replied
    Take 100 to 500 grams of good quality henna, depending upon the length of your hair. Mix this with warm water to make a smooth paste of it.

Henna,which you can apply on your hands also for looking more beautiful..

Leave a comment:

• 4evernaturalme
    replied
    Originally posted by TemStar View Post
    I tried henna for the first time after doing lots of research, and I loved it!

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1378391_725246364155634_1771410770_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1426707_725246360822301_283634111_n.jpg

I used henna for african hair from mehandi.com, which is henna thats more sifted so it comes out easier for us lol. In my mix I didn't use any lemon. I used chamomile tea that I added minced ginger to, cinnamon, and honey. (I added the honey for moisture retention, and supposedly honey and cinnamon make a natural peroxide, idk if it helped with the color or not). But after 4 hours, I rinsed it and had a nice tint. :3

http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hairhenna.html

I've been thinking about trying Henna for a while. Thanks for this info.

Leave a comment:

• TemStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Trapster View Post
    Hi Temstar,
    Yesterday was my 1st time trying henna also! I used Rainbow Henna Persia Cooper to condition my hair and make it stronger. N to get a tint of color. So is was disappointed or shocked to see my curl pattern loosen up. I only kept it on for 45 minutes with heat! My hair came out so dry so I'm not happy about that either! I put yogurt n evoo in my henna mix. The henna did cover the few grays I had so that was an unexpected n pleasant surprise. I'm just not sure how I feel about my results yet! I hope it has made my hair healthier n stronger!! That was my main reason for trying it. Don't think I will do it again for awhile. I am 5 1/2 month post perm. Oh n I did deep condition my hair after the henna treatment n my hair was still so dry.
    Hi!!
    I saw that people have had drying issues with their henna, so I researched and researched. I know yogurt gives a protein treatment, which can leave dry brittleness without proper conditioning after, or if your hair is protein sensitive. I saw someone note that henna kinda already acts like a protein, so I didn't use yogurt and they were right! It did feel somewhat harder. Also, I'm an EVOO fanatic but I didn't use it because I felt like oil would keep it from penetrating completely. I did use a deep conditioner afterwards to resoften, and added moisture whenever it felt dry for the past week. I'm currently happy with the results! I hope yours will be too~ ^u^
    I'm gonna try a warm oil treatment on it this weekend for extra conditioning.

Leave a comment:

• NaturallyNeezee
    replied
    Make sure that the DC you use doesn't contain any protein. I use Curl Junkie Moisture Rehab.

Leave a comment:

• Trapster
    replied
    Hi Temstar,
    Yesterday was my 1st time trying henna also! I used Rainbow Henna Persia Cooper to condition my hair and make it stronger. N to get a tint of color. So is was disappointed or shocked to see my curl pattern loosen up. I only kept it on for 45 minutes with heat! My hair came out so dry so I'm not happy about that either! I put yogurt n evoo in my henna mix. The henna did cover the few grays I had so that was an unexpected n pleasant surprise. I'm just not sure how I feel about my results yet! I hope it has made my hair healthier n stronger!! That was my main reason for trying it. Don't think I will do it again for awhile. I am 5 1/2 month post perm. Oh n I did deep condition my hair after the henna treatment n my hair was still so dry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X