X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reshma Femme Henna and PPD?

Is this the same Reshma Henna that I am reading all of these great reviews about?? I looked up Reshma Henna and found the site http://www.reshmafemme.com and then went to Sally's and was about to purchase their henna in either the toffee or dark chocolate but then saw that PPD was listed as one of the ingredients. I emailed them on their fb page regarding this ingredient and they responded "You can try the Natural Highlight that contains 0% chemicals and it is 100% natural".

So Reshma Femme (except for the Natural Highlights color) is not chemical-free but is there another brand of Reshma that I am missing???

I want to get away from the toxic chemicals of traditional hair color so I am looking for a truly chemical-free henna?? Some of these henna brands are VERY misleading.

Thanks to any and all for your response to my questions.

just wanted to add this statement on their website........

"The products are all natural and Reshma Henna uses the purest and finest form of Henna. The products include only natural derived[/U][/B] minerals and botanicals harvested and contain no Ammonia or Peroxide."

Comment

You want BAQ.. body art quality henna. Those are the henna powders that are natural. Any henna that talks about a specific color i.e. henna brown, henna black have chemicals in them. Naturally henna only produces a red color UNLESS you add amla powder for brown or do a two step indigo process to make it darker. Yes, the packaging can be misleading. Therefore, it is VERY important to purchase your henna from a reputable company such as HennaSooq or Mehandi. When I open my henna it smells fresh similar to herbs and grass. It begins as a bright green color until the dye releases.
      http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

I'm mad I'm just now reading this. I did my first henna treatment with reshma earlier today and purchased it from sally's. I guess I won't be buying it again. If I go to my Indian grocer to buy henna, will it say BAQ on the box?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

And it the color of the reshma henna was like a deep burnt red I didn't know it was suppose to be green

Sent from my SPH-L720 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by perfectly(imperfect) View Post
            I'm mad I'm just now reading this. I did my first henna treatment with reshma earlier today and purchased it from sally's. I guess I won't be buying it again. If I go to my Indian grocer to buy henna, will it say BAQ on the box?
            The Indian grocers I've been to sell it in bags. The bags do clearly state their ingredients and say whether they are BAQ henna or henna for hair with herbs like alma added into it.

The hair colours in boxes are normally the ones that have things like PPD added to it.

I suggest you just pick up the dyes/henna and take your time to read the ingredients.
            Last edited by Blueblood; 10-01-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X