Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do henna and aphogee serve the same purpose?

Hi ladies,

I've been considering dying my hair and in doing so, have read about curlies doing protein treatments following. Somehow, that led to me wondering if henna and protein/aphogee treatments do the same thing. I love that henna is natural and I love how my hair looks/feels afterward (including that one silver hair at the crown), but the mess that comes with it is not so hot.

Anyone know the answer? Thannnkkks!

I'll tell you my experience - once I started using henna often (weekly/bi-weekky) I stopped the protein treatments. A few weeks ago I noticed shedding even after a henna treatment. So I've incorporated protein treatments back into my routine. I don't think henna and protein treatments have the same purpose. I'm going to continue to do both.

Comment

from my experience before I knew anything about henna , I used aphogee twice in my lifetime I felt like it did nothing for my hair. I like henna better bc it coats the strands like a protein, but it is a natural protein plant. It makes my hair feel thicker and stronger. It just is time consuming and can be a bit messy. But I would do that anytime I feel the need/have. If not I stick to protein pack or doing a homemade treatment. Just my opinion and experience.
      http://octavia-shaysjourney.blogspot.com

Comment

I just wanted to add I use Nexxus Emergencee... Not Aphogee.

Comment

Working...
        X