X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Use That Henna?

Ok so, I purchased two boxes of Jamila Henna from my local Indian market but there is no date on them (bought them before finding out about dates)...no 2009, no 2010, no super sift..nada.

Has anyone else used a box undated? If so what was the outcome? Or Just don't use that henna!

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlyNikki App
    You define your beauty...not others. Behold your beauty...pop ya collar and rock on!!!

Is there a date on the foil package inside of the box?
    Peace, Light & Love
    Hair Staples: Rhassoul clay (cleanse), Oil Rinsing, Marshmallow Moisture Balm, FSG or AVG

Comment

I would hesitate to use a product like this with no dates. I co-sign Ajsimmons, check the foil package for a date or see if you can bring it back to the store and exchange it for something with a data. You should use 100% pure henna meant for body art. It is a finer sift and hopefully unadulterated with manmade dye chemicals like PPD.

The Jamilla henna is packaged in a foil bag with the words Jamilla, the crop date and the expiration date.
      Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
      Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
      Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
      Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
      Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

Yea my Henna is jamila and it has a year on it. But Henna is a natural product so I can't see it doing any damage if you did use it

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlyNikki App

Comment

This is the kind of henna that I get from my local Indian Grocer for $1.99. I use it all the time with no problems. My only complaint is that it does not leave as deep a stain as the Jamila in the foil packages. Butters-n-bars used to sell this in their "brown henna" package because it does the conditioning with less the coppery henna color. The older the henna, the less color achieved usually, but it doesn't go "bad."
          Fearfully and wonderfully made~Psm. 139:14

Comment

That is Jamila for hair. There's no date or anything because before 2009 they didn't put one. It should have been wrapped in plastic when you bought it. Its usually in a yellow cellophane bag and it perfectly ok for hair use. You won't get as deep of a dye because the leaves were taken from the botton of the plant but the conditioning aspects are the same. The newer boxes (after 2009) has the words "Henna For Hair" written repeatedly inside the box. If you're still unsure you should visit their site and email them.
            Last Relaxer }} November 17, 2010
            Transition Chop }} May 23, 2011 (6 months)
            Porosity }} Low
            Density }} Thick
            Texture }} Medium
            Hair Type }} Who cares?
            Current Length }} NL
            Goals }} Healthy BSL
            Ayurvedic Chica }} Amla, Shakakai, Aritha, Brahmi, Cassia and Henna
            Clay Hound }} Rhassoul and Bentonite
            Oil Queen }} EVOO, EVCO, Vatika, Macadamia Nut, Jojoba, Walnut, Sweet Almond, Castor and Kukui Nut
            Butter Goddess }} Shea, Mango, Capuacu and Almond

Comment

@Aj It's an older package and it comes in a plastic bag. It's BAQ and now that I know someone else uses it in there hair I will be using these boxes.

@ Madeaj It was in plastic. I opened it to see if a date was inside. But now that I know it is just an older box of Jamila Henna BAQ I will be using it.

@ Bee Yeah I was thinking the same cause I know it's BAQ. My old neighbor use to use it for hennaing my hands. I just wasn't sure if I could use it in my hair if it would be harder to rinse out or what. But know I know another curly uses it I will be using these boxes I bought.

@ Freckledmom Thank you. This is good to know cause I don't like wasting money. I will most definitely be using it and going to re-up on these inexpensive boxes ($2). I am not to keen on the coloring I just want the benefits of the henna so it works out perfectly.

@ Kesha Thank you. I will be giving these boxes a go.
              You define your beauty...not others. Behold your beauty...pop ya collar and rock on!!!

Comment

Ok so im mixing a batch of Henna today to put in tomorrow and mine does NOT have a date! Lol its jamila also. I thought it did. I got it from a local indian store. I bought 5 boxes back in feb and this is the 3 rd box I've used since then. So I guess we got the same one. clear package and all. Just a fyi :-)

Comment

More positive results for this henna. It's a keeper. Going to the store today to get 2 or 4 more boxes.
                  Originally posted by bee0726 View Post
                  Ok so im mixing a batch of Henna today to put in tomorrow and mine does NOT have a date! Lol its jamila also. I thought it did. I got it from a local indian store. I bought 5 boxes back in feb and this is the 3 rd box I've used since then. So I guess we got the same one. clear package and all. Just a fyi :-)

Comment

I hennaed ladies. Thank you all for your assistance. The results under thread topic: So I Hennaed and I ♥♥ Love It!!!

Comment

They just opened an indian grocery by my house! I picked up the Jamila. It's the kind with the clear bag. At first I was worried but then I remembered reading this post.
                      Coffee Stirrer Curls (4a/b), fine texture, low porosity, very thick density
                      Last Relaxer June 2009 ~ BC December 2009 ~ HHG To be continued

Adventures of JnB and xal: Current CSJ
                      First CSJ Feed
                      Most Recent CSJ Old Forum

Youtube Channel
                      Tumblr
                      Twitter

"I put no chemicals. Only juices and berries" ~ Coming to America

Comment

I've hennaed with it for the second time and I am still getting great results n loving it.
                        Originally posted by Juices-n-Berries View Post
                        They just opened an indian grocery by my house! I picked up the Jamila. It's the kind with the clear bag. At first I was worried but then I remembered reading this post.

Comment

Working...
                        X