X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning After First Henna Treatment?

I'm hoping this is what I think it is.....

So I did my first henna treatment today using henna I mixed last night. I used 200g Rajasthani Twilight Ancient Sunrise henna, mixed with a 2 cups of room temp. grean tea, added a tblsp. of honey before applying.

After nine hours, one of which I was under a bonnet dryer, I rinsed with water, then used Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner to co-wash (in blue bottle), and my scalp began to burn. I switched to some cheapie condish V05 (blue also) and it was a bit better...I am dc now under dryer but I still felt a slight after effect from the burning.

I never used the EHH before and there were a ton of funky ingredients listed on there....one even had 27 letters :-/...

I'm guessing it was the conditioner and not the henna? If I was allergic to the henna I would think it would've affected me sooner than the rinse out...anyhoo, anyone else have a similar experience with a burning sensation? Gave me flashbacks to relaxer days tho, lol!

Try using the herbal essences conditioner again. Your henna ingredients were fairly simple so I am positive that it can't be the henna. o3o

Comment

Working...
    X