Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamin D3 & Hair growth

Hi Ladies,

I've been natural for 2 years 9 months. I wore my hair in braids until 3 weeks ago.

Anyhow, for the past 2 months I've been taking vitamin D3 (5000 IU / GNC Brand) and am really pleased with the results.

Initially, I took it because my fiance was concerned that I wasn't getting enough natural sunlight because we live in London - (seems to rain almost all the time here). Also, my cousin has a Vitamin D deficiency, she started taking D3 and says she feels like a new woman - so I figured I'd give it a try

It seemed to take about a month for me to notice, but there are two things that changed:

1. I no longer wake up dead tired. Even on the nights I don't get much sleep I can wake up and feel 'normal.' I didn't realize how bad I was feeling before. I was groggy, tired and irritable. I doesn't give me 'extra' energy, but just enough energy so that I felt like a 'normal' person. I am no longer extraordinarily tired.

2. My hair is growing faster. My hair was in braids before, so it's hard to gauge exactly how much faster it's growing. I was born with gray hair - and now I have pre-maturely grayed. So it's easy for me to see how much new growth I have because most of my new growth comes in grey.

Last Saturday I died my roots. 1 week later I looked in the mirror and realized my roots need to be died again. I took out the tape measure and measured 1/4 in growth in a week. :-) That's just the front of my head. I couldn't measure the back, so I'm not so I'm not sure if the back is growing faster or slower.

When I dyed my hair last week I had just under a 1/4 inch of new grown.

So I'm feeling very happy now, 1/2 of growth in a little under 3 weeks! I am going to start taking biotin too, maybe that will help even more.

Wow maybe I should start retaking that vitamin.I took it because I saw it at th dollar store but I live in California and there's plenty of sun this time of year.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Vitamin D3 & Hair growth

Over the last twenty years I've lost about 50% of the hair on my head. I pretty much resigned myself to living without that hair.

I started taking 3,000 IU's of liquid vitamin D3 (gelcaps - daily) last fall to protect against the flu over the winter. I don't take any other vitamins or drugs and my life style hasn't changed since last fall. After about three and a half months, I surprisingly noticed that my hair is growing back at a rather rapid rate.
      scrapbooking supplies

Comment

I bought some yesterday and beta carotene..I haven't taken those in a yr when my hair was growing faster...I'll see what happens

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

OK, so I have also been taking biotin for the past couple weeks. Since I've already been taking vitamin D3 I don't know how much more the biotin helps.

Some people say that Biotin makes them break-out. I did have a breakout this weekend but I am prone to acne anyways. Not sure I can lame the biotin on this.

I will say that before the D3 and biotin I just to dye my roots every 3 weeks - otherwise I'd have an unmanageable about of grey hair showing that I couldn't hide away. With the D3 and biotin I have to dye my hair every 1.5 weeks.

The down side is that my eyebrows are growing something fierce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I have heard that Head and Shoulder's shampoo is good to use even when you don't have dandruff because it is PH balanced.

Maybe that will work.

Comment

Actually there's no scientific evidence that's says biotin grows hair. Company's who label these supplements as hair skin and nails can write whatever they want because they aren't regulated by the FDA and actually takin these 3000mg are called megadoses n will hurt ur body overtime. Truthfully the only people who need supplements are those who have deficiencies

Comment

Originally posted by AngiePie View Post

Some people say that Biotin makes them break-out. I did have a breakout this weekend but I am prone to acne anyways. Not sure I can lame the biotin on this.

Biotin Broke me out bad.... I don't have skin problems so maybe the affects reversed on me...

As far as hair growth, I never known a difference, but with my nails... Man, Biotin made my nails as hard as steel
                Hair Type: 4C/4Z
                BC Date: 11/2010
                Hair Length: Ackward length right now.
                Porosity: High
                Products: Panteen Curly Dry to Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Mositure Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Curl Souffle, ORS Styling Pudding for Girls, and Coconut oil!

Comment

Quick Question...

(Sorry if I am slow, lol)

Is this the same Vitamin D3 that says "supports Bone, Breast and Colon"?
                  Hair Type: 4C/4Z
                  BC Date: 11/2010
                  Hair Length: Ackward length right now.
                  Porosity: High
                  Products: Panteen Curly Dry to Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Mositure Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Curl Souffle, ORS Styling Pudding for Girls, and Coconut oil!

Comment

Bump

Sent from my N861 using CurlyNikki App
                    Authentic to the CORE. Follow me on IG: @classyt_

Comment

Very informative discussion regarding Vitamin D3. i didn't know even earlier how these vitamins help us.
                      Personal injury claims | Medical Negligence Claims

Comment

Originally posted by Cupcake415 View Post
                        Quick Question...

(Sorry if I am slow, lol)

Is this the same Vitamin D3 that says "supports Bone, Breast and Colon"?
                        Yes it will be.

I don't know where you live but depending on where you live and how much you are outside you should be taking 1,000IU-3,000IU daily.

5,000IU is for people who have a medically measured insufficiency. To be honest if you are insufficient medical practitioners will advise you to take a much higher dose for a couple of months before going down to 1,000-3,000IU daily.

You need to take the supplement with a meal which has fat in such as your lunch or evening meal for best absorption. If you don't eat a balanced diet then you need to have a magnesium supplement with it as well.

Comment

It is hard to tell how fast does hair grow, but if you want to know how to grow your hair faster, there are some methods that you can try.

Comment

Working...
                          X