Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will JBCO really make my hair thicker?

My hair grows 1/2 inch per month I've accepted this and nothing has changed this but I keep seeing on this forum that JBCO will make your hair thicker and my hair could use help in that department. Is this true and could I see before and after pictures please and thank you

It keeps my hair moisturized and free from tangles, but it didnt increase my growth rate. I can say it helped with length retention because of the aforementioned benefits, but my hair didnt grown any faster. HTH!
    "Real hair, real nails, and real eyes bring real guys." -Common
    OfficialVenusVsMars on IG
    @PerfectlyHood on Twitter!
    http://www.nyenzo.com

Venus vs Mars Blog on Facebook! Make sure to like the page!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Venus-...57562550954275

Comment

It grew back my hairline and I have faster hair growth. I don't think it makes your hair thicker. I have fine natural hair and have been using it going on two years and my hair have grown but not thicker. The thickness of your hair depends on how many hair follicles you have and the size of each individual strand. Castor will help regrow broken strand but will not make your hair strand thicker or create nene follicles. I don't think that product exist.

Sent from my Comet using CurlyNikki App
      I am Cool

Comment

I currently use it, and although I have always had relatively thick hair, it seems that my hair is definitely thickening some... And growing! I mean it's not shooting out my head or anything, but it does help! I simply oil my scalp, edges (lightly) with it every 2 or 3 days...but what made me start using it was a friend of mine who has had a "balding" area in her hair. She used it for maybe a month or so, and it started to clear up! My mom has been using it too, and her "weakened" areas have started to get stronger, and I noticed increased thickness in her hair! It's worth a try...it costs all of 7-11.00 (for a big bottle)...below is some pics my friend sent me of her area! (this is not a stock photo, but somebody I actually know)!

www.babyknotsboutique.etsy.com

Comment

And for me personally, here's a pic of my hair growth... 1st pic...bc day 2-22-12, last pic, 5-2-12...(which is about 4 + inches or so stretched)...my hair is a mass of very springy coils...I can't say that JBCO did it all, but in the month or so I have been using it, I have seen some growth!!!

Comment

I certainly purchased a bottle at the World Natural Hair Show...I will definitely post my results when I see changes.

🌺Sent from my iFabulous iPad using CurlyNikki🌺
            "Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live"

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Hood View Post
              It keeps my hair moisturized and free from tangles, but it didnt increase my growth rate. I can say it helped with length retention because of the aforementioned benefits, but my hair didnt grown any faster. HTH!

+1 I haven't used the jbco but I do use the plain castor oil from the pharmacy. The one labeled laxative. It works great for me. I can't claim excess growth, but my scalp and hair feel wonderful when I use it. I mix it in all my pomades for shine.
              Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
              Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
              Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
              Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
              Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

I have been using jbco for about two months because my edges were bad, so far they have grown in and I have some length as well. My hair is naturally thick so I'm not sure about any thickness

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I LOVE castor oil, but JBCO did not work for my hair. I was using the castor oil from vitaminshoppe and my hair was soft and moist. I used JBCO because of the hype about it and no matter how little I used, it always made my hair hard. It's too thick even diluted, my fine hair can't handle it.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App
                  Tightly coiled 4a TWA
                  CW: GTTTT
                  S: EVOO&EVCO

Comment

Originally posted by Ebgivens View Post
                    And for me personally, here's a pic of my hair growth... 1st pic...bc day 2-22-12, last pic, 5-2-12...(which is about 4 + inches or so stretched)...my hair is a mass of very springy coils...I can't say that JBCO did it all, but in the month or so I have been using it, I have seen some growth!!!

Your hair is effin gorgeous!
                    Wen...nothing else!

Comment

JBCO is the bomb.com!! It's made my hair very thick. I've always had thick hair but I feel it has soften my hair and made me keep length better.

Pics after bc 12-28-11 and today

Last Perm: 7/1/2011
                      BC: 12/28/2011

Loving my hair and embracing this journey. Check me out here on CN Blogs. Spiral-Lee my hair and Me!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HonnyBrown View Post
                        Your hair is effin gorgeous!
                        Thanks so "effin" much!!! Lol... I am so glad I threw inhibition to the wind and went for the big chop!!! I am growing with my hair!!!

Comment

How often do you apply the JBCO on your hair? I just got a bottle of it yesterday.

Originally posted by Ebgivens View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MsLadyG View Post
                            How often do you apply the JBCO on your hair? I just got a bottle of it yesterday.
                            I "grease" my scalp with it and around my edges every other to every couple of days...Lightly, mind u, it's thick... I usually do it at night before bed, (as not to have greasy face lol), and I massage it in..occasionally, I rub about a nickel to quarter size amount in my hair...

Comment

*loser in the back of the class raises hand*

uhmm whats JBCO?

Comment

Working...
                              X