X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing 3C Curly Hair

I don't relax my hair but I am on a mission to put less heat on my hair to help it grow. I want my curly hair to reach shoulder length.

Shampoo: Whatever is laying around the house, I am on the hunt for a good sulfate free shampoo. Any suggestions?
    Conditioner: Tresseme Keratin Smooth (or whatever else happens to be in my shower)
    Deep Conditioner: Coconut Oil or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
    Moisturizer: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smooth & CURLS Blissful Lengths kukui nut oil elixir
    Vitamins: Hairfinity (*Looking for an alternative) & Multivitamin

I am looking to build a hair regime to promote hair growth. Post any suggestions or what you find works for you.
    I posted pics of my curl pattern.

I have the same hair type as you! I just recently stopped shampooing, and am trying co-washing because I've read that it helps maintain moisture. I don't know about you, but my hair gets pretty dry. But I do know that aphogee and nexxus shampoos work pretty good on my hair. My favorite though is tresseme. When I was younger I kind of co-washed without knowing it. I worked as a swim instructor which meant my hair was bound to get wet daily. So straightening it wasn't really an option. So instead, for the entire summer I washed my hair about every two days and any days that I didn't wash I rinsed and put tresseme conditioner in it to keep it moisturized. By the time school started again, I hadn't straightened my hair at all and when I finally did, my hair grew at least 2-3 inches. This time around, I'm only co-washing and moisturizing every night and sealing with coconut oil. I also take biotin daily, or at least every other day, and take a multivitamin everyday. I've also learned that the more I deep condition my hair, the stronger it seems. These are some ideas that will maybe help you too. I just cut my hair and its sooooooo short compared to what I'm used to, so I think we are kind-of on the same page.

Comment

• bombshellmel
      bombshellmel commented
      Editing a comment
      Yesss! I'm so happy I found me a hair twin lol. I have no idea how to style my hair because I'm not used to how short it is, but I've decided to stop straightening it and see how it goes. I'm a sucker for tresseme's keratin conditioner.

Btw have you ever tried the kinky curly hair products? I'm thinking of going to Target today to get the detangler and I'm debating on buying the gel. I don't use gel in my hair, I've always just used a cream based product but my hair gets sooooo frizzy!
      ---

I have 3b/3c hair and it use shea moisture shampoos. Recently I've been using yes to carrots shampoo and she a moisture conditioners. I use deep conditioners on my hair as often as needed.
    The way to the top is Perserverance! 😌

Comment

Working...
    X