Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curlytee
    started a topic Wash & Go -ers with 1+ years natural

Wash & Go -ers with 1+ years natural

How ofen do you do them? How do you control your SSN? what are you benefits of a w&g?

Sent from my PC36 using CurlyNikki App

• ravenm721
    replied
    I'm APL length/somewhat past that stretched. I pretty much do them twice a month though. To be honest, I don't know why I don't do them more often. Like all my other styles, I do my WNGs over night. I use my conditioner, gel, then sealer. When I go to bed I put my hair in a couple of pigtails (2-4), then go to sleep. Once I wake up, it is dry.I can get them to last for 5-8 days. Every 2-3 days I respirtz with water in order to refresh. So, I actually consider my tecnhnique somewhat of a "wash n set"?

Leave a comment:

• curlytee
    replied
    Originally posted by bltone View Post
    I've been doing wng's daily from day one using Carol's daughter hair milk to define the curls. While I love my curls I haven't been retaining much growth. I need some help in the length department. My hair is too short for many of the protective styles I like. Any advice?
    Not retaining length is a sign you are having breakage. Our hair grows, Our hair breaks. You write you are using Hair Milk, that is a sealer, What is your moisturizer?

Leave a comment:

• bltone
    replied
    I've been doing wng's daily from day one using Carol's daughter hair milk to define the curls. While I love my curls I haven't been retaining much growth. I need some help in the length department. My hair is too short for many of the protective styles I like. Any advice?

Leave a comment:

• dealeya
    replied
    Establishing a Regiment: I run every morning and sweat in my head

Originally posted by CarlaAR View Post
    Because of my length, WnGs are more of a "luxury" style for me. Not something I can do daily and in certain types of weather. I may rock one once every few weeks, but the knots, tangles, SSKs and rubbing on my clothing is just too much. I condition, use a leave-in, seal, etc, but its sill not a sustainable style for my hair if I want to gain serious length.

I workout often, cowash and shampoo my scalp 2-3x a week.

I workout often too! I run every morning and sweat in my head. I'm constantly learning about my hair and trying to figure out a regiment that works with my active lifestyle. For the past year, I've stuck to wearing corn rows, alternating b/t my own hair only and adding extensions. I wash about 1-2 times a month and let my hair breath for about 4 days or so before rebraiding. I've yet to establish a regiment that keeps my scalp from drying, itching and flaking. Do you have any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• 1flybuttafly
    replied
    I have a serious love/hate relationship w/ my wash and gos. It all depends on the products that you use as well. (I currently use kinky curly, shea moisture dc, and seal with a oil). I always start off with a wash and go and then end up in a pony tail or an updo of some sort. I typically only wash out 70% of the conditioner and I get best results when I use my denman brush (after I detangle w/ a wide tooth comb of course)

Leave a comment:

• cococruise
    replied
    I'll be 2 years natural next month n' had some breakage on my edges from wearing hair bands to tight. Maybe doing more WNG's will help me grow back that length in those spots. Maybe it'll help my growth overall. I'm going to try it out.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• Berry3674
    replied
    Originally posted by JQ View Post
    I mix gel, shea butter and castor oil
    How does that work for you? And about what ratio of each?

Leave a comment:

• Quanda
    replied
    Originally posted by RNatural View Post
    You make it yourself. There are tons of recipes on youtube and you can buy the flaxseeds from any grocery store or health food store.

HTH

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlyNikki App
    Thanks, I will try this today!!!

Leave a comment:

• Luscious Mahogany
    replied
    Originally posted by badnbeautiful View Post
    What is pineappling?

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App
    Pineappling is when you put your hair in a loose pony to protect your ends and stretch a style like a TO or BO for example. When you have longer hair this can be achieved with less ponytails but when it shorter you can have several all over your head, but it does help to stretch a style for longer than a few days. Since I've been pineappling my styles I can get my TO's and BO's to last a whole week now!!

Leave a comment:

• RNatural
    replied
    Originally posted by Quanda View Post
    Thanks ladies, I will try the flaxseed gel. Where can I buy this from?
    You make it yourself. There are tons of recipes on youtube and you can buy the flaxseeds from any grocery store or health food store.

HTH

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• Quanda
    replied
    Thanks ladies, I will try the flaxseed gel. Where can I buy this from?

Leave a comment:

• JQ
    replied
    I mix gel, shea butter and castor oil

Leave a comment:

• aliyakeys
    replied
    One thing I don't like about wash n gos is that I got flakes two days afterwards and boy were they brutal. They covered my whole dang scalp!!!

Leave a comment:

• randi 415
    replied
    I agree, I love the definition I get now but the overall look is not as cute as it was when it was shorter. I've been natural 14 months.

Sent from my Zio using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

Working...
X