X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash & Go -ers with 1+ years natural

How ofen do you do them? How do you control your SSN? what are you benefits of a w&g?

Sent from my PC36 using CurlyNikki App

I did wng's for the first 16 months of being natural. I could get about 3-4 days out of it before I cowashed and started over. The last few months I've gotten enough length to do multiple pineapples and stretch it even longer. I only detangled every 2 weeks so there were some tangles, but I didn't think it was a big deal. I just made sure to always spritz with moisture to keep ends moist. I think it allowed me to retain a lot of length because I was not combing and manipulating. My hair grew really really fast. I had an accidental cut in April and with wng's I've recovered that length and then some. Now that it's long enough for a ponytail puff, that will be my winter style. So I'm letting the wng's go for a while. But they were good to me

Hope that helps!

Comment

Hi I've been natural for 14 mos. How often I wng really just depends on the week. On week I might wng everyday. When I do this I usually wash and detangle at the beginning of the week and then just re wet every day with water only. Another week I might re wet every other day and do a bun or updo in between, it really just depends. Honestly I don't get many ssks, never really have but when I do find one (usually a two strand knot) I just cut it out. No big deal. Maybe the fact the I tend to keep my hair relatively detangled helps. I detangle w/ my comb once a week but when I rewet throughout the week I finger detangle a lil bit. The benefits of a wng for me is that it is a very easy to achieve, low manipulation style and moisture is always being added to my hair. When I wng it literally takes me 5 minutes to do. I just wet seal in the water with an oil and go. I don't use product I don't shape my curls or shingle so it is Very low manipulation for me. I have retained all my length so far and my hair is growing nicely

Comment

I agree with the poster above except I rake product in for hold (because it cuts down on frizz and helps keep hair from knotting up. I have retained a fair amount of length (I didn't think so until I saw some photos from about a year ago) but I trim regularly because I do occasionally fall asleep without protecting my hair, and that's my fault.

Comment

Thank you Ladies

I do very few and twist every night and my daughters are w&gers. Their hair is growing like crazy and mine seems to be creeping along. Steady but creeping. I'm beginning to wonder if it's because I cut back on the water. Again, thanks for the replys

Comment

I wng almost daily. My hair is growing like a weed. On the days I don't wash, I notice SSK forming.
            Wen...nothing else!

Comment

I only do wash n gos about every other week. I think they look absolutely gorgeous on the twas but when your hair is almost out of the awkward hair growth stage, it doesn't look so good. That's just my opinion but it might also because of my hair type.

Comment

A couple weeks ago I was doing wng like twice a week. It's like the easiest style to me. WASH, detangle, apply leave in while hair is soaking wet and scrunch in oil. Put on a headband and GO

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App
                Last Relaxer: June 17,2010
                Gave Relaxed Ends the Boot: June 14,2011

Comment

I do wng quite often. How often I co-wash, condition, and detangle just depends on how my hair is looking. I mist daily and add oil. I generally use kinky curly or Shea moisture products.
                  ~you can change your life if you change your thinking~

Comment

Do you ladies use gel to hold your curls? My hair type is 4a-4b and I have a hard time mastering the wash and gos. I hate to have that hard crunchy feel to my hair. What are the best products to eliminate that.
                    Live*Laugh*Love
                    Instagram: miss_qawan

Comment

Yes.. homemade flaxseed gel.. I love this stuff

Comment

+ 1000 on the flax seed gel

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
                        Peace, Light & Love
                        Hair Staples: Rhassoul clay (cleanse), Oil Rinsing, Marshmallow Moisture Balm, FSG or AVG

Comment

Originally posted by curlytee View Post
                          How ofen do you do them? How do you control your SSN? what are you benefits of a w&g?

Sent from my PC36 using CurlyNikki App
                          I wash n go once a week, however i wet n go everyday. I wet and do a co rinse. Then apply shea moisture curl smoothie to my soaking wet hair in the shower and go everyday. I dont get SSN, so i cant help there, but i love the wet n go. my hair doesnt last for mor than a day unless twisted.

Comment

What is pineappling?

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I agree my hair is naturally curly and my last perm was Jan 2010 but I never big chopped wo my ends don't curl up they wave up but not curl and it is jot cute lol n my ends are super thin
                              Originally posted by aliyakeys View Post
                              I only do wash n gos about every other week. I think they look absolutely gorgeous on the twas but when your hair is almost out of the awkward hair growth stage, it doesn't look so good. That's just my opinion but it might also because of my hair type.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
                              X