X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curlytee View Post
    How ofen do you do them? How do you control your SSN? what are you benefits of a w&g?

Sent from my PC36 using CurlyNikki App
    now that i have more length i dont do many wash and gos any more because the detangling process, is alot..I hav 4a hair type and wng for a few days are super cute, but i pay for it when i detangle.

i may do them once every two months, i do twist outs tho, and that sometimes is just as cute as a wng but my hair doesnt tangle that much...

SSn (single strand knots) dont occur much anymore, it did my first year or two being natural, but i give that over to hair being dry and not sleeping every night in my satin bonnet... now that i understand moisture and my hair, and i detangle regularly i dont get that much...

even with all the care i take for my hair, i still have one or tow i see but not nearly as much since i wear more protective styles and detangle on a regular routine.
    I BC Dec 2008
    after three month transition
    I love everything about naturally curly hair!
    check out my personal sites below

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/curlyt00

Curly Hair Product Store
    http://www.zazzle.com/aworldforcurls*

Naturally Beautiful Tips (blog)
    http://blog.natural-beauty-01.com

Comment

Originally posted by Quanda View Post
      Do you ladies use gel to hold your curls? My hair type is 4a-4b and I have a hard time mastering the wash and gos. I hate to have that hard crunchy feel to my hair. What are the best products to eliminate that.
      I shingle gel in after I seal. I'm light handed with the gel, so I don't get the crunchies.
      Wen...nothing else!

Comment

I havent rocked a WNG since my TWA days. Im 2+ years in now. The less manipulation the better. I get irritated with the trying to reshape every morning with WNGs. I dont think I quite mastered it though. Tried KKCC and Uncle Funky's to no avail...mailed both of them to my bestie in ATL. Maybe Ill return to them. You ladies always have good information on the forums :-)

Comment

I wash and go periodically without any issues. I'm 16 months natural and my hair is about an inch from apl stretched. Up until this month, I shingled Shea moisture Smoothie and Eco gel through and that gave me great definition without crunch. Most recently, I used the Shea moisture souffle for my wng and also had great results. With the Smoothie and Eco, my wng will last for 7 days. With the souffle I got 10 days and then a couple of days of a ponytail too. I pineapple at night by putting all my hair up into a scrunchi and then putting my bonnet on. In the mornings I just pull the scrunchi off and shake and go. I also pineapple while working out so the curls don't get sweaty. If I get ssk they are at the nape of my neck so I just cut them. They aren't a big problem though.

Sent from my  iPhone using CurlyNikki
          Http://escapingthelye.zapd.net

Comment

W&G

I w&g every other day because I work out. I use wen to condition/wash then use a lot of conditioner and let it air dry. I only use gel around my edges. This method works well me. I have some 3c and mostly 4a hair. I also henna every month which helps stretch my curls.

Comment

Because of my length, WnGs are more of a "luxury" style for me. Not something I can do daily and in certain types of weather. I may rock one once every few weeks, but the knots, tangles, SSKs and rubbing on my clothing is just too much. I condition, use a leave-in, seal, etc, but its sill not a sustainable style for my hair if I want to gain serious length.

I workout often, cowash and shampoo my scalp 2-3x a week.
              4a, 3c with a patch of 3b
              Porous, fine to medium strands, bra strap length .

Comment

I agree, I love the definition I get now but the overall look is not as cute as it was when it was shorter. I've been natural 14 months.

Sent from my Zio using CurlyNikki App

Check me out http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...nest-hair.html

Comment

One thing I don't like about wash n gos is that I got flakes two days afterwards and boy were they brutal. They covered my whole dang scalp!!!

Comment

I mix gel, shea butter and castor oil

Comment

Thanks ladies, I will try the flaxseed gel. Where can I buy this from?
                      Live*Laugh*Love
                      Instagram: miss_qawan

Comment

Originally posted by Quanda View Post
                        Thanks ladies, I will try the flaxseed gel. Where can I buy this from?
                        You make it yourself. There are tons of recipes on youtube and you can buy the flaxseeds from any grocery store or health food store.

HTH

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by badnbeautiful View Post
                          What is pineappling?

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App
                          Pineappling is when you put your hair in a loose pony to protect your ends and stretch a style like a TO or BO for example. When you have longer hair this can be achieved with less ponytails but when it shorter you can have several all over your head, but it does help to stretch a style for longer than a few days. Since I've been pineappling my styles I can get my TO's and BO's to last a whole week now!!
                          Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
                          Psalm 37:4

Last Relaxer: 11 Oct 2010
                          BC: 18 Feb 2011

My Growth....Spiritually, Physically and Naturally!! Curl Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RNatural View Post
                            You make it yourself. There are tons of recipes on youtube and you can buy the flaxseeds from any grocery store or health food store.

HTH

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlyNikki App
                            Thanks, I will try this today!!!
                            Live*Laugh*Love
                            Instagram: miss_qawan

Comment

Originally posted by JQ View Post
                              I mix gel, shea butter and castor oil
                              How does that work for you? And about what ratio of each?

Comment

I'll be 2 years natural next month n' had some breakage on my edges from wearing hair bands to tight. Maybe doing more WNG's will help me grow back that length in those spots. Maybe it'll help my growth overall. I'm going to try it out.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
                                X