Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 topics naturals should move on from....

Read this amazing post on BGLH and agree with everything.

5 Topics Naturals Should Move on From | Black Girl with Long Hair

I agree with all of them as well, it's time that we move on from all of these insecurities about our hair! It seems like we worry about it more than the rest of the world lol Thanks for sharing
    Big Chop: October 2008
    Type: 4a/4b hair
    Length: APL when stretched
    Fav Products: Terressentials Hair Wash - ACV- FSG - Fluffy Shea Butter Pomade - Coconut Oil

I'll die living just as free as my hair.

Comment

I agree as well. Great read

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlyNikki App
      Began Natural Journey: August, 2009
      Big Chop: Oct, 11, 2010
      Hair Type: Mostly 4a

Comment

I think her article was interesting. But to me, what was more interesting was the comments following it. So many people interpreted her list so differently. Some agreed that the 5 were tiresome. Some disagreed. Which is why the debates will continue on. lol

Comment

I agree too!

Another one to add:

When a celebrity says they don't like natural hair. Everybody gets bent out of shape.

Shoot, you just started liking natural hair yourself!
          "God will NEVER put more on you than you can bear"

Fotki
          Youtube Channel

Big Chop: August 9, 2009
          Description of Roxie: mostly 4a, medium density, fine/medium strands, low porosity
          Staple Products: Cream of Nature Shampoo, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave in, coconut oil, shea butter mix (shea butter, coconut oil, JBCO and olive oil)

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnieluve View Post
            I agree too!

Another one to add:

When a celebrity says they don't like natural hair. Everybody gets bent out of shape.

LOL!! My immediate response is "would you date him?" usually I get a "HECK NO!!" then I say, "alright then." You can't internalize someone else's feelings about you or your personal style when you don't care about the person to begin with!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnieluve View Post
              I agree too!

Another one to add:

LOL. If there was an actual "How to behave like a Proper Natural Lady" this would totally in it..."Thou shall not get bent out of shape if someone doesnot like Natural Hair. Thou shall remember that thyself just started liking natural hair.
              Last edited by Just Ashley; 08-16-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I agree with those!! especially the curl patter one!!
                Big Chop: Aug 3rd 2010
                Hair type: 4a/b
                Hair texture: extremely THICK

Ray~

Comment

Wow! This article is on point from the kinky vs. curly drama, the curl pattern issue, and the absolute worst topic that just irritates me to no end: the Black man's vs. the White man's view on natural hair (yawn). Thanks for posting this!
                  Last edited by fleur; 08-16-2011, 07:35 PM.
                  Instagram: @curly_fleur

Comment

i agree! i thought it was a good read and very true...especially the comment about defining curls.
                    Last Relaxer: December 17, 2010
                    1st BC date: April 16, 2011
                    BC #2: Feb 14, 2013

Comment

Good post!!!
                      Live, love, laugh, and eat chocolate chip cookies!!!! :P

Comment

Actually...I've always like curly hair...even when my mom forced a relaxer on me. I never could understand straitening the hair just to curl it into a different curl pattern with rollers. Or curling irons. My mom no longer has control so I've been natural for 3 decades now. She finally wet natural...but hides behind heat sets...I don't get that either. A topic I would like explored further is varying curl patterns...example...soaking wet...my hair looks like a 4a/b....shake...let it dry with nothing on it and no touching...it drys in the the 3b/c range. How do I get it t o dry in the 4's. People keep typing my hair bsed on what they see....and that is a different number based on if its wet or dry. Also...the back seems to have a total diff from the front. Any ideas. Also...when you tell someone your type....is that based on wet....or dry? I know it shrinks more when its thirsy.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlyNikki App
                        peepla
                        http://purplebutterfly-peepla.blogspot.com
                        ~ http://AptitudesUnlimited.artfire.com ~
                        :: http://peepla.etsy.com ::

Comment

I would add to it Is Dyed Hair Natural Hair? And When Are You Truly Natural?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App
                          Last Relaxer: June 17,2010
                          Gave Relaxed Ends the Boot: June 14,2011

Comment

I agree with all 5 too! Like the other ladies on here are saying, the whole curl definition/pattern...I agree, learn about your hair and don't change it. Isn't that the reason why you became natural in the first place?? Anyway...thanks for sharing

Kinkyme's iPhone using CurlyNikki

Comment

Originally posted by JaliseH View Post
                              I would add to it Is Dyed Hair Natural Hair? And When Are You Truly Natural?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App
                              Dont get me started on that Are you truly natural natural crap.....

Comment

Working...
                              X